Indiana Highest Rate of Carry in the USA!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Let's not forget the Constitutional Carry states that would be an affective 100% of the non-felon population.

But yeah, we're number 1!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I know several who have a LTCH but never carries. Just because it's issued doesn't equate that they actually carry.

I know several people like this.

Including both my dad and step dad. They both OWN handguns...but don't carry at all. Zero.

And I have several buddies who carry very rarely (and for one of them, I think that's a good thing)

Then there are those of us who can only carry sometimes due to work conditions, etc.

But, yes, as far as the % of people eligible to be licensed vs. those that have a license... We're #1! We're #1!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    However, I know people that have guns... but no license. So maybe instead of "most people carrying"... just "most people with guns"? Sort of evens out.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My father-in-law is freaking out about the election and keeps telling my wife, "You gotta get a gun. I want to buy you a gun."

She took a basic pistol class that I got her as a gift for Mother's Day. While she hasn't found a handgun that fits her and she wants, yet. I am more than happy to let her Dad get her a gift certificate to a LGS.

Hopefully the next step will be an LTCH.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Press the advantage, folks. Take a newb shooting. Next Thursday I'm supposed to take a friend from work out to the range. She's never fired a firearm. Lives with her daughter, and is barely 5 feet tall. We're going to stick to suppressed. 22s to keep the intensity low. I'm very hopeful we'll spark an interest.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Press the advantage, folks. Take a newb shooting. Next Thursday I'm supposed to take a friend from work out to the range. She's never fired a firearm. Lives with her daughter, and is barely 5 feet tall. We're going to stick to suppressed. 22s to keep the intensity low. I'm very hopeful we'll spark an interest.

I do this every chance I get.
    It's become one of my greatest pleasures.
    Teaching someone to shoot can be a great experience for both newbie and instructor, if both approach it with the proper attitude.
    Seeing the light in someone's eye, and the grin on their face after they squeeze off that first round is priceless.

Watching them progress, in both skill and confidence is a very rewarding experience.
    It's easy to do for me though. I'm all set up for it.
    I have several firearms that are all but ideal for new shooters.
    I have access to a private range, and I now reload.

I volunteered and taught the NSSF's "First Shots" program at our local range for about 3.5 years.
    I would still be teaching it, but the range doesn't have that program anymore.

Glad to see,
    "We're number 1" :rockwoot:

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I'm waiting for my NRA membership card so I can register for a range that requires it nearby. :(
    Didn't have a membership before because I feel they compromise too often. Now the 4-6weeks is killing me.

I have two people from work I have lined up to shoot with after I get in. :draw: Both first timers.

Top Bottom