Indiana Gun Permit - Do you have to holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm sure it was in the pocket holster that he didn't see, it's designed to hide the print in your pocket, not that it is required by law. I have one of these and you don't see the holster when you remove it. Aside from that, I don't know any officer who would on a routine stop ask you to handle your gun. They usually don't want you to have it in your hand. Something sounds awfully weird about this whole situation, but if ya go to court, take your pocket holster only, or a picture of one to explain how they work. Otherwise they may get you for possession of an empty holster in a court room, another law I have no idea if it exists or not.

Open carry is legal in Indiana. What difference does it make if it prints or not?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    As usual I am late getting in here. Isn't anyone going to mention that one should never pocket carry without a holster? If you do then you are running a very real risk of shooting yourself in the 'nards. Come to think about it, having a pocket-pool induced accidental discharge puts bystander's nards at risk also........ I don't approve of bullets flying around launched at pocket level, not even one little bit!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As usual I am late getting in here. Isn't anyone going to mention that one should never pocket carry without a holster? If you do then you are running a very real risk of shooting yourself in the 'nards. Come to think about it, having a pocket-pool induced accidental discharge puts bystander's nards at risk also........ I don't approve of bullets flying around launched at pocket level, not even one little bit!

What if it's coat pocket? :dunno:

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    ohno.jpg

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    It doesn't really matter if you don't carry a round in the chamber, which I'm assuming is the case here. If not, then yeah, you have to be a special kind of stupid.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Whut are "nards?"

D'you mean " 'NADS? as in GONADS?" (Perhaps it was a Glock safe-action revolver.)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    A friend was pulled over for speeding and told by a State Police Officer in Delaware that he had a pistol in the car. The officer asked to see it and my friend pulled in out of his pocket. The officer then wrote him a ticket for not having the gun in a holster. The officer gave him his gun back but he has to pay a fine or go to court. I am not familiar with this so any input would be appreciated. :dunno:

How did the officer know the friend had a pistol? Was he a mind-reader?

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Evidently the GED is NOT WORKING for the OP. Maybe said OP should go ahead and give atleast 7-12th grade another try and possibly showup this time OR DO NOT POST on ingo while under the influence of crack.

WAY TO BUTCHER THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE! :n00b:

No pics? DIDNT HAPPEN. :twocents:

Remauto

You said what I've been biting my tongue and not saying
    for four years on this board.

Some of us Indiana residents, on this board, give Hoosier
    education a bad reputation. Are the seventh grade English
    teachers inept? Or, is it the students and families problem?

Thanks

Mark

My grandchildren in Indiana are, five out of seven,
    honor students.One is not mentally capable.

Top Bottom