• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It would be better if more “conservatives” got involved. But that most don’t doesn’t mean we have to keep voting for the turd that the republican party has given us. We reserve the right to ***** and complain.

I will not vote for this man when he comes up for re-election. I will either vote for the Libertarian or leave that one blank.
    I just do not get the math. I get the principle and or emotion, not the math. If the choice is Bayh or Young, I will vote for Young every time. 60% of agreement is far better than 10% agreement. We are in a war, a literal war, and to surrender a position because one wants 95% agreement or bust just does not compute…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just do not get the math. I get the principle and or emotion, not the math. If the choice is Bayh or Young, I will vote for Young every time. 60% of agreement is far better than 10% agreement. We are in a war, a literal war, and to surrender a position because one wants 95% agreement or bust just does not compute…
    I guess I expect more. Young is a liar. He’s a smarmy deceiver. I will not use my vote to support someone who got into office by claiming to be one thing and then voting another.

If that means we get another Donnelly for 6 years, so be it.

This war we’re in is not going to be won by a single election. The thinking we’ll ”take America back” if only we win by electing 60% conservatives has proven to be a lie. We’ve been playing by rules my entire voting life and here we are.

Sometimes correction can only come when people feel enough pain.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I guess I expect more. Young is a liar. He’s a smarmy deceiver. I will not use my vote to support someone who got into office by claiming to be one thing and then voting another.

This war we’re in is not going to be won by a single election. The thinking we’ll ”take America back” if only we win by electing 60% conservatives has proven to be a lie. We’ve been playing by rules my entire voting life and here we are.

My brother said he'd cut his own arm off before he'd vote for Young....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Young did his part to give us conservatives the only beachhead we have, SCOTUS. The upcoming election will likely determine who will replace 2-3 justices. There is a bigger picture. How hard are you willing to work to not let him be on the general election ballot? Are you willing to do these things?

They go to precinct meetings regularly.

They go to county meetings regularly.

They go to Lincoln day meetings.

They speak to candidates regularly.

They host candidates in their homes for others to meet.

They volunteer to work for candidates.

They fund candidates.

They get out the votes for candidates.

That is what is required to win or you could just sit back and elect Donnelly…

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Do you see what you are saying? Just by your phrasing you are saying you are not a part of the “Indiana GOP”. So just who are the people that “will never agree to this”? I know many of them personally, so I will tell you who they are.

They fund candidates.

And much more.

Do my fellow INGO’ers do any of that? Even some of that? I doubt it, but I sure hear lots of complaining about those that outwork us.

Many here of lament that things have not gotten bad enough for folks to turn back to a more conservative approach but I suspect the truth is that it has not gotten bad enough for many conservatives to get off their collective duffs and work like those they complain about.
    GOP leaders. That ain’t the voters.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Young did his part to give us conservatives the only beachhead we have, SCOTUS. The upcoming election will likely determine who will replace 2-3 justices. There is a bigger picture. How hard are you willing to work to not let him be on the general election ballot? Are you willing to do these things?

They fund candidates.

That is what is required to win or you could just sit back and elect Donnelly…
    Little known trivia about Young. His wife (I’m assuming he’s still married to the same woman) is a relative of Dan Quayle. I suspect that has more to do with him being promoted and endorsed by the party than me going to a Lincoln Day dinner or sending emails to my rep (and getting only canned responses) or them laughing at my $25 donations.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Can you name who you are talking about? Just as Trump is taking over the national GOP those that do the work get the power through winning. If we are not doing the work, we are not winning and therefore have no power. Pretty simple.
    Think it’s Ann Hathaway. Not sure on all the names. It’s all corrupt imho. There was a guy here in INGO years ago said he worked with the Republican Party to get good candidates and it’s all corrupt . The things you have to do and bow to in order to get to the top corrupts you and enslaves you. Then you have the candidates bought and paid for and are just puppets. It’s all a big game. And we the people lose. More taxes, more money spent. Nobody can stop it at this point. And that’s what they want imho. To collapse and have a civil war so “they” the government can destroy the Constitution and set up “their” government. Thats the end plan as I see it. The democrats are on board, most of the republicans will jump on board or are already on board in leadership. China sure is on board with it. Rome burns again, how did that happen?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Would Bayh vote for safer communities act?
    Would Bayh vote for a huge spending bills?
    Because Young did, and does.

I see no difference.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Little known trivia about Young. His wife (I’m assuming he’s still married to the same woman) is a relative of Dan Quayle. I suspect that has more to do with him being promoted and endorsed by the party than me going to a Lincoln Day dinner or sending emails to my rep (and getting only canned responses) or them laughing at my $25 donations.
    Young's wife is the niece-in-law of Dan Quayle.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Think it’s Ann Hathaway. Not sure on all the names. It’s all corrupt imho. There was a guy here in INGO years ago said he worked with the Republican Party to get good candidates and it’s all corrupt . The things you have to do and bow to in order to get to the top corrupts you and enslaves you. Then you have the candidates bought and paid for and are just puppets. It’s all a big game. And we the people lose. More taxes, more money spent. Nobody can stop it at this point. And that’s what they want imho. To collapse and have a civil war so “they” the government can destroy the Constitution and set up “their” government. Thats the end plan as I see it. The democrats are on board, most of the republicans will jump on board or are already on board in leadership. China sure is on board with it. Rome burns again, how did that happen?
    You just just explained how humans work. They did not hand over the reins of the RNC to Trump, he took it from them. Is it easy? Heck NO! But in Indiana it is not that hard. How did Anne Hathaway get power? Those that I described the work they put in got folks elected and then they could wield the power of the party. It took Trump over eight years to gain that power.

If the passionate posters were all involved in the party in Indiana we could move it. As I said before, I should not always have to be the most conservative guy there, but I usually am, and that is how you get a Young, not because of “them” and ”they” but because conservatives don’t get involved and take charge.

And occasionally some conservatives will try to make a frontal attack but once the fighting begins they have no one to come in on the flanks. Then those that should have been on those flanks sit around and complain the system is rigged...

Top Bottom