• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jamie-K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2021
    Kosciusko County
    Gosh, if only there were something that could be done about this. I mean, why wouldn't a government concerned for the wellbeing of the citizens not offer some sort of tax relief with the highest gas prices and inflation we've seen in decades? Surely our elected REPRESENTATIVES will lend a hand in these trying times???

Our "elected Officials" will only do something about these high taxes IF we hold their feet to the fire !!!!
    we need to show up to their rallies and bring up facts for everyone to hear !

dsears2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    Indpls
    Can always count on our Governor to do the opposite.
    Other states are suspending the gas tax, and IN seizes the opportunity to raise it.
    It seems that having the pleasure of being a Hoosier, comes with the discomfort
    of boot laces dangling from your poop shoot.
    Damn, it is amazing how hard he works trying not to get re-elected!

KomradeEli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Castleton (NE Indy)
    Jeez!

At a time with all-time high gas prices they are taking advantage of us. They think that we will just blame the other factors behind rising prices. This is the time they should be cutting or suspending gas tax to help Hoosiers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, seen $4.20 today, and a 20# propane tank refill jumped from $14 to $18.
    I wish I had saved my receipt for the propane fill up from just 3 or 4 days ago. It was $8 and some change. Today it was $17.44. I'm guessing they rang it up wrong when it was $8 something.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    PLEASE NOTE! The deduction for age is only available if your house is valued below a certain amount which I don't remember. I called about that when I got my tax bill and noticed that I wasn't getting the age deduction. I was told that was because my property assessed value was above the maximum allowed.

Just another brick in the wall of taxes.
    Your home has to be assessed for less than $200,000 to qualify. It is also income based, your adjusted gross income must be less than $30,000 if single or $40,000 if married.

https://www.allencounty.us/senior-citizen-property-tax-benefits

This is from Allen County but the deduction is statewide. Maximum benefit is a reduction of $14,000 in you assessed value. Not many will qualify but if you do it's a decent benefit.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    All of my taxes went up considerably this year, including federal income, state income and property. I wouldn't care nearly as much if my income went up that much and politicians would spend it wisely.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Shot up 20 cents overnight to $4.19. Not even Memorial Day yet.

Diesel is almost $5.50. Insanity. This kills the economy.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    They are planning on a new interstate running from Huntingburg to I-69.

I'd be happy if they just finished I-69. They were planning the southern portion back in the 1970s. This latest section has been going on 15 years now under construction, and has at least another 4 or 5 to go (if we're lucky). There is no rational reason why it should take so long.

Top Bottom