• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I'd rather run a surplus and have a nest egg then run a $16 billion debt (Kentucky), $33 billion debt (Ohio), $65 billion (Illinois), etc. Indiana will weather the recession without major cuts in service or having to borrow bonds at the new higher interest rates. Will those states? Do you not understand and put value in the equivalent of an emergency savings fund?

Show me the numbers. When was the last tax rate hike? On what? I've shown you tax cuts. But you won't, no more than you'll address the question of which state is better.

Actually, nevermind. Believe what you like. We both know you're not going to actually get in to the details.
    Show ya the number on the gas hike? Ya mean the tax that automatically goes up every year? Not the sale but the excise. I don't have to show ya. Your Google works too. Ya are right i wont change my mind. The state taxes too much and you're okay with it. Ya like the half assed service we get from our taxes. From paying two gas taxes for roads and then the use cheapest crap available to redo them. To record spending. Why during a recession won't the state cut back? Ya know live everyone else. I just want our state to do better. Be smaller and use money wisely.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I keep mentioning it because it's what is really happening vs what you think is happening. Read the links I put in to the actual department of revenue documents. The fixed excise tax has not changed. The 'sales tax' portion is 7%, exactly like sales tax on everything else, however it's 7% of the average price and resets every month.

There is no 'tax rate hike'. The RATE is the exact same. 7%.
    I'm talking about this. Not sales tax:

Gasoline Tax​

From July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023, the Gasoline Tax rate is $0.33 per gallon (the combined state and federal rate is $0.504).

What you're probably talking about is the Gasoline Use Tax, which is calculated, and does figure in the 7% sales tax on the average cost per gallon.

STATUTORY CALCULATION OF GASOLINE USE TAX RATE The rate is defined by IC 6-2.5-3.5-15 as the product of: 1) The statewide average retail price per gallon of gasoline (excluding the Indiana gasoline tax, the federal gasoline tax, the Indiana gasoline use tax, and the Indiana gross retail tax (if any)); multiplied by 2) seven percent (7%); rounded to 3) The nearest one-tenth of one cent ($0.001) Using the retail price of gasoline for the period from May 16, 2022, to June 15, 2022 (as required by IC 6-2.5-3.5-15(b)(1)), the department has determined the statewide average retail price per gallon of gasoline to be $4.1586 for the period.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    As per WLFI tv, state gas tax will go from June hi of .56 to .61 July first.

That’s just the state tax, add fed tax, state sales tax for total.

edit to add: not arguing just repeating what it says on WLFI news web site.

True or not watching the Fox 59 news, Fri Jul 1, they just reported the “Indiana State Gas Tax” went up last night making the total combined state + fed tax .80 cents per gallon. They did not get specific enough for me to determine how it came to be. Or when it was approved, or by whom. But apparently the tax on a gallon of gas did go up.

Top Bottom