• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    Our dear state government officials deemed it appropriate to raise taxes yet again. Fuel tax is going up again July 1st. Yea for our republican legislators and our republican governor. I wouldn't vote for my own mother if she ran for office as a democrat and I'm beginning to think the same of republicans. They pass more and more taxes and more and more restrictions on what Hoosier adults can do. Two wings of the same bird, one is just trying to fly faster.

Last edited:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Our dear state government officials deemed it appropriate to raise taxes yet again. Fuel tax is going up again July 1st. Yea for our republican legislators and our republican governor. I wouldn't vote for my own mother if she ran for office as a democrat and I beginning to think the same of republicans. They pass more and more taxes and more and more restrictions on what Hoosier adults can do. Two wings of the same bird, one is just trying to fly faster.
    Yep..They're all addicted to our taxes. The only good thing they did was constitutional carry.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I've heard time and time again the extra tax was for our roads. Wonder why we pay registration every year and a sales tax on the gas. Why did we need the excise tax?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Our dear state government officials deemed it appropriate to raise taxes yet again. Fuel tax is going up again July 1st. Yea for our republican legislators and our republican governor. I wouldn't vote for my own mother if she ran for office as a democrat and I beginning to think the same of republicans. They pass more and more taxes and more and more restrictions on what Hoosier adults can do. Two wings of the same bird, one is just trying to fly faster.

There was no new tax passed. The sales tax adjusts monthly based on average prices, always 7%. Average prices are up, sales tax is up just like every other good that you pay sales tax on.

This has been the law since 2014.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I kind of like the Republican plan honestly.
    They are keeping the gas tax and old laws that adjust it by price inflation,but they are lowering the Indiana earned income taxes. In other words if you work and earn a paycheck you will be taxed less by the state,if you do not work you do not get a tax break of any kind. Not to mention the check every taxpayer is getting this year($125 and it looks like another $225 is in the works,from the law that returns surplus tax income to the taxpayer).

Do I think the gas tax is high? Of course,but cutting it altogether is not a responsible solution either.
    Our state is handling things better than many. We are not having to borrow tens of billions like Illinois and having a surplus is always better than paying interest on borrowed money.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Another reason I didn't vote for holcomb. "Adding in the federal gas excise tax of 18.4 cents, Hoosiers will pay a total of 80.5 cents a gallon in total tax for gas starting in July, up from the current 74.4 cents per gallon." & excise tax is going up a penny.

WIBC - Indiana Gas tax goes up

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I kind of like the Republican plan honestly.
    They are keeping the gas tax and old laws that adjust it by price inflation,but they are lowering the Indiana earned income taxes. In other words if you work and earn a paycheck you will be taxed less by the state,if you do not work you do not get a tax break of any kind. Not to mention the check every taxpayer is getting this year($125 and it looks like another $225 is in the works,from the law that returns surplus tax income to the taxpayer).

Do I think the gas tax is high? Of course,but cutting it altogether is not a responsible solution either.
    Our state is handling things better than many. We are not having to borrow tens of billions like Illinois and having a surplus is always better than paying interest on borrowed money.

Could just cut the excise tax on it. There's still the state sales tax on the gas and we still pay registration for vehicles.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Could just cut the excise tax on it. There's still the state sales tax on the gas and we still pay registration for vehicles.
    So cut the part that funds Fish and Wildlife? https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/
    Yes,we pay to much in taxes. Should we halve the number of state employees? I think we could and should,but cutting the taxes and running a deficit is backwards. Cut the programs and employees,then cut the taxes.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    So cut the part that funds Fish and Wildlife? https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/
    Yes,we pay to much in taxes. Should we halve the number of state employees? I think we could and should,but cutting the taxes and running a deficit is backwards. Cut the programs and employees,then cut the taxes.
    The fish and wildlife was funded before the excise tax on gas. We weren't on a deficit then.. we tax then grow govt then say we can't cut the tax cause it'll ruin a govt program. Plus fish and wild life jacked up our hunting license like crazy.. why should the govt not cut back in hard times? Every average citizen has too.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There was no new tax passed. The sales tax adjusts monthly based on average prices, always 7%. Average prices are up, sales tax is up just like every other good that you pay sales tax on.

This has been the law since 2014.
    So would that be around 25 cents a gallon more over Trump Era prices?

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    The fish and wildlife was funded before the excise tax on gas. We weren't on a deficit then.. we tax then grow govt then say we can't cut the tax cause it'll ruin a govt program. Plus fish and wild life jacked up our hunting license like crazy.. why should the govt not cut back in hard times? Every average citizen has too.
    Because they are blood sucking leaches that are not for the people.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Leave it to them to hit the consumer below the belt in today’s economy.
    What ever happened to taxation without representation?
    While I am feeling the inflation pressures just like everyone else, I would like to comment on the question part of your post.

The representatives may be more responsive than we suspect. I just believe they are being forced by the wrong people. It is daily that many lefty, commie, perverse special interest groups are putting everything they have to have the taxpayers pick up the bill for their cause. Conservative people grumble, but lefties stand in their face and demand. Continually.

Saul Alinsky taught that constant, unrelenting badgering will wear down people who actually oppose you. They will eventually give you what you want trying to buy peace. The radicals then double down more.

Train hard men, your enemy is already training to overcome you.

Top Bottom