• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It has been a great 10 years of Indiana Firearms Training, but all good things come to an end. My wife and I will be moving to Colorado, later this year, and Indiana Firearms Training is for sale--everything: Lock, Stock, and Barrel, including:

• The website and e-mail address: www.iftnra.com
    • The contact/Address Book of close to 1,000 folks we have hosted to date
    • All PowerPoint presentations, and they are both extensive and advanced. Extremely well done. No "death by PowerPoint" here!
    • All NRA instructor and class materials
    • Ringbinders with all teaching notes for each class
    • Expandable files with all handouts for each class
    • All business files: Word, Excel, Publisher--Everything--including all current hard copies.
    • Class certificates
    • All target stands, sticks, backers, clips, spikes, and many, many targets, including a 3D human target
    • AR500 steel and stands
    • Turning target
    • Swinging target
    • Automobile props
    • Many other class/business related items too numerous to mention.

This is a fully-operational, turn-key business for anyone wanting to own a firearms instruction enterprise without investing the effort and years required to "bootstrap" a business. All that is already done, in place, and ready to go.

For the most part, all you have to do is replace my name, e-mail address, telephone, and other contact information with yours to be up and running!

Reported income of $30,000+ per year! And that was with minimal promotion efforts--mostly the website and word of mouth.

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I don't want to come off like I want to discourage anyone from buying, but in a business like this isn't the specific instructor kind of the secret sauce? Targets, contacts, and presentations have value, but I'm not sure they are why those close to 1,000 folks would come back.

Are you going to provide any hand off or transition mentorship to help the buyer become as successful an instructor as you were?

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I don't want to come off like I want to discourage anyone from buying, but in a business like this isn't the specific instructor kind of the secret sauce? Targets, contacts, and presentations have value, but I'm not sure they are why those close to 1,000 folks would come back.

Are you going to provide any hand off or transition mentorship to help the buyer become as successful an instructor as you were?

The answer to your first question: Yes, the instructor(s) are, as you put it, the "secret sauce." Being a good/great instructor takes a lot of effort, in addition to being comfortable in front of a group. Here are a few ingredients in the "sauce:"

• A sincere desire to see shooters improve, with that being the primary motivation for the business.
    • A sincere desire to improve your own shooting
    • A sincere desire for constant improvement in conducting the classes
    • Knowledge of the material and a constant hunger to learn more
    • Realization that conducting a good class takes a lot of preparation--each and every time.
    • The administrative (running the business,) including talking with and e-mailing with current and prospective guests take a substantive amount of time.
    Those are just a sample of attributes of a "worthy" instructor.

To answer your second question: Yes, absolutely. I want the new owner to succeed as much as I want our guests to succeed!

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Also not seeing a price.... typically when people sell things don't they mention how much they want?

True. However, in this case, there are a lot of negotiable aspects including but not limited to:

How much and how long the mentoring/transition period.
    Whether or not the new owner wants/needs the AR500 steel targets
    Whether of not the new owner wants/needs the guns and ammunition we supply for Handgun I

Note:
    In my opinion, a brand new shooter learns better on a finely tuned revolver, and we have three--perhaps four--of those.
    They are 4" .357 caliber but with custom ammunition I load, personally, to extremely low levels--to the point that muzzle blast and recoil become non-factors. Can't do that with a semi-auto: it needs recoil to function, which means more powerful ammunition, which means, also, greater muzzle blast.

Muzzle blast--the gun exploding in front of the face--is what scares new shooters the most, with the result being flinching, closing eyes, and slapping triggers.

Additionally--in my opinion--the long, smooth trigger pull of a finely tuned revolver is the best way to learn trigger control. A new shooter has no sense of trigger motion; therefore, again, in my opinion, a longer trigger pull is better for a new shooter than the short, crisp break of, say, a 1911-type trigger.

Since you asked about price:
    With an extensive transition period and the new owner taking the guns, ammunition, and AR500 steel targets, the price could be as high as $9,000.
    However, with a shorter transition period and not including the guns, ammunition, and AR500 steel targets, the price might get as low as $5,000.

Hope that all helps!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom