Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This sounds a lot like spin to me, from the side that can't grasp "remove the hurdles". They print the statement from Brey everybody had then quoted the brains of the anti-2A operation Vanessa Summers (who was only 14 minutes late today. She was 38 minutes late on 22 Aug and 7 Sep.) and have a paragraph from one of Bloomberg's girls (I just made that up!)

“After taking a close look at this issue and hearing from Indiana law enforcement (it costs $5-$9M/year to run the LTCH program), our lawmakers stood up for public safety (How?) and refused to give the gun lobby (I prefer "Constitutional realists") what it (It? An attempt to dehumanize?) wanted. Indiana’s license requirement for carrying a loaded (actually it's any modern handgun made after 1 Jan 1899 loaded or not) handgun in public is a popular, common-sense law (buzz words), and law enforcement officials (did I mention $5M-$9M/year plus Curry likes to pad his stats) have made it clear that it helps them protect our communities (what about the people, as in WE the People? This reeks of marxist crap to me.). We’re grateful that the summer study committee’s recommendation (what part of "remove hurdles and put in place better capability for LEOs to ID the bad guys instead of the incredibly lawful LTCH holders are you having trouble with??) includes keeping this critical public safety (no one demonstrated how the public is safer, nor was there testimony from someone deterred from a life of crime by being denied an LTCH) requirement in place.”

Jim Lucas has said (in effect) over on FB that his bill will sorely disappoint Miss Summers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Will Republicans at the statehouse have the stones to pass it or will they **** down their legs?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bosma won't allow it to see the floor. (no purple)
    Well. I’m going to do what kirk suggested and write Bosma. But to me this smells like he thinks this will be a turd for Republicans that will cost them seats, and I doubt we’re going to convince him otherwise. I also don’t get the feeling that personally, he really wants to get rid of the licensing requirements.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Will Republicans at the statehouse have the stones to pass it or will they **** down their legs?

I think so. But Bosma doesn't seem to be worth the wood his gavel was made from. He's got this chance to prove me wrong. After that, I'll vote straight democrat on the Indiana ticket if I can get him out of power. We can start from scratch. Lucas has given him every chance to do the right thing, and he has stalled and deflected the whole way.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but hte recommendation was never going to be to repeal the license. IT was to remove the requirement to have a LTCH to carry in IN. the license remains as a voluntary measure largely to enable reciprocity.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but hte recommendation was never going to be to repeal the license. IT was to remove the requirement to have a LTCH to carry in IN. the license remains as a voluntary measure largely to enable reciprocity.
    That is my take on it as well.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    HMMM, actually it kind of camouflages what is going on since the anti-gun folks dont seem to get it... They think its a victory if the licensing process is still around?

They were clearly trying to get the wording changed at the hearing yesterday - but it wasn't happening ... Austin and Summers both tried to get it to say "we're keeping the permitting process" - the almost might have been arguing "get" and "acquire" - "shall / shall not" definitions to make the case to reword and twist this back to affirm the current status of LTCH ... (or arguing what the definition of "IS" is.)

I missed and wasn't as prepared to talk to the media; but several MDA/Everytown folk did. I need to review all the news. Just busy busy. The guys that pushed for the hearing in the spring - felt; and even the mediocre Bray (spoke to him as we walked out) - seemed to think this was progress.

Mr. Speaker Bosma ... well he has new (since end of the session) resident in his district that's gonna be giving him an earful. regularly. ... :whistles: ...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    yes and she is muy guano crazy ...

Even Senator Taylor tried to shoo shoo her away ... I stepped back so as not to get into her video. ...
    Thanks for the rep Bill. I think muy guano crazy is the correct diagnoses in this case. At the 22 August committee meeting I sat across the aisle from her. That won't happen again.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Indiana: Constitutional Carry Summer Study Concludes
    Yesterday, the Indiana Joint Committee on Judiciary and Public Policy concluded the summer study on constitutional carry and other topics under their charge. With a 15-5 vote, the committee adopted recommendations in favor of “remov[ing] hurdles that restrict the ability of law abiding Hoosiers to exercise their State and Federal Constitutional Rights to bear arms and defend themselves.”
    This summer study was conducted following the enactment of self-defense legislation, House Bill 1071. Sponsored by state Representative Sean Eberhart (R-57) and signed into law by Governor Holcomb, HB 1071 ensures that victims of domestic violence are not left defenseless by allowing them to carry a handgun for self-defense without a license while they are waiting for their carry permit to be approved.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    HB 1071 reminds me way too much of a “shall issue” state’s requirement where one must show “need” in order to acquire a license to carry handgun. What about the common person who might be in the wrong place at the wrong time? Just cut the bull**** and let us carry. Plain and simple.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    1071 was a door-opener. It allowed some stuff that the law previously forbade, and allowed discussion of more. The legislators weren’t ready to go as far as you and I think we needed to go, so they took 1071 as a “baby step”.

It it does sound like a “May issue” “necessity” thing, but it’s actually more than they had.

A good guide can be had by watching Charlie Brown and Vanessa Summers. The harder those two numbskulls fight against it, the better it is and more you should support it.

Blessings,
    Bill

HB 1071 reminds me way too much of a “shall issue” state’s requirement where one must show “need” in order to acquire a license to carry handgun. What about the common person who might be in the wrong place at the wrong time? Just cut the bull**** and let us carry. Plain and simple.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    1071 was a door-opener. It allowed some stuff that the law previously forbade, and allowed discussion of more. The legislators weren’t ready to go as far as you and I think we needed to go, so they took 1071 as a “baby step”.

It it does sound like a “May issue” “necessity” thing, but it’s actually more than they had.

A good guide can be had by watching Charlie Brown and Vanessa Summers. The harder those two numbskulls fight against it, the better it is and more you should support it.

Blessings,
    Bill

To borrow a line from Hank Stram, "Just keep matriculatin the ball down the field..." We have a number of miles to go in this marathon I'm afraid. My sports metaphors are getting blurred this AM, but you know what I mean. The other side never gives up, we can't either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To borrow a line from Hank Stram, "Just keep matriculatin the ball down the field..." We have a number of miles to go in this marathon I'm afraid. My sports metaphors are getting blurred this AM, but you know what I mean. The other side never gives up, we can't either.

The other side has a well defined set of goals in all of this. To disarm the general public by what ever means is at hand.

Top Bottom