Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    ETA - on the hearing info for tomorrow -

1) for the House Public Policy Committee - it says "TESTIMONY, AMEND, VOTE" on 1424 - so there may be some sort of amendment.
    This is not list yet.

2) at 10:30 - The Senate Judiciary Committee is hearing SB 237 - which is just a of 4 yr to 5 yrs for non-lifetime LTCH; and perhaps some changes to background check to estabilish validity to carry for LTCH. - This is Room 130 at 9 am. (JUST AN FYI)

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Sounds like some things may have been slid into 1424 that we are not aware of.

I don't think so - the bill is still listed as intro'd (but an amendment has apparently be prepared)

- a quick look shows some sort of "technical corrections" to testing requirement for LEOs.
    This is not really relevant to the LTCH or ConC in what I've gleaned so far. ...

Mountains out of molehills. ... I'm still revisiting it though.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    YUP Hoosier Carry is making stuff up.

In my review and what KellyinAvon shared earlier - (post 78) - the Mental Health stuff is identical on 1022 and 1424 ... and it all refers to "Ajudicated" conclusions ... and non-voluntary commitments ...

about to jump off their boat completely. Ideal are nice - so is the real world.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't think so - the bill is still listed as intro'd (but an amendment has apparently be prepared)

- a quick look shows some sort of "technical corrections" to testing requirement for LEOs.
    This is not really relevant to the LTCH or ConC in what I've gleaned so far. ...

Mountains out of molehills. ... I'm still revisiting it though.
    Agree with your take Bill. I'll look again tonight but this I'd have noticed. Both 1022 and 1424 have language straight out of 18 USC 922g on prohibited possessors which includes adjudicated mentally deficient.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wednesday is day after tomorrow and that's pretty short notice. I'd already talked to my boss about it so I'll be there. Who else we got? We need all the attorneys plus everybody else who can break free and be there. Where is 156-B? Is that in the scary basement?

I think that is the auxiliary court room / broom closet that Kirk is in trouble about.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes on or about post 70 - with a review of differences from 1022 on Post 78.

Don't fall for the Hoosier (NAGR-lite) Carry junk.
    I just searched 1424 on the word mental. References on page 1 and two dealing with law-enforcement officer training and corrections that require amendment . Pages 18 and 19 deal with adjudicated mentally deficient and it's very specific on required legal authority. It looks like 18 USC 922g with more explanation. Hoosier Carry owes me 15 minutes .

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I just searched 1424 on the word mental. References on page 1 and two dealing with law-enforcement officer training and corrections that require amendment . Pages 18 and 19 deal with adjudicated mentally deficient and it's very specific on required legal authority. It looks like 18 USC 922g with more explanation. Hoosier Carry owes me 15 minutes .

Wait, I wrote two emails for no reason?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

I'm working on FB thing to dispel their false flags and gross misrepresentation - that plus shooting down comments from folks they "informed" - I want at least a full hour at my full rate.
    LOL Perphap 2 until I am finished.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    As we've discussed here for like the last 2 pages (and all over FB, including support from Guy) ...
    Hoosier Carry has it wrong (or at least is portraying it incorrectly - fear mongering for no reason) ...

Hopefully the OP or a mod will lock it.

That was my take too but i wanted a more informed/qualified opinion
    Thank you

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    and you're taking my opinion ??? LOL ... ok but I didn't stay at a holiday in express recently ...

Seriously - Kellyin - me - GFGT - Guy Relford (via FB) - a few others - also reaching same conclusion.

Ive ffollowed the thread and know you guys have put in the time and are definitely more qualified than I to make these determinations.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    and you're taking my opinion ??? LOL ... ok but I didn't stay at a holiday in express recently ...

Seriously - Kellyin - me - GFGT - Guy Relford (via FB) - a few others - also reaching same conclusion.

I am glad to see a consensus on this issue. I hate it when everyone else sees it different than me. It takes a long time to convince everyone else I'm right :laugh:

Thanks for bringing Guy's take on the subject in on it Bill. "2A Attorney" does trump "random dude on the Internet" on 2A matters.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyInAvon (why do I feel like speaking in Shakespeareze sometimes w/ you)

and others: Have (any) of you seen a message from "Hoosier Carry" -

It claims this is ConC but with Mental Health restrictions:

I do not recall the mental health restrictions being added? I need to go look again.
    and I've seen precisely 1 person (outside of here) make a big deal about the ID - stating something about he cannot get an ID due to some records issues since 9/11 ... seems like an ODD thing ...

Almost tempted to call out hoosier carry - "AGAIN" - they were part of the whole NAGR issue w/ Mr Lucas Last year ... kind off kick started it for NAGR (co-affiliated?) ... anyway. ...

I almost forgot....
    Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio. A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy!

Top Bottom