Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Passed the US House. I'm not holding my breath that McConnell could get 50 votes for free ice cream, let alone 60.

Since we're on the sidelines now ...
    "... the control the house, the senate ... " whoa - wait a minute nelly - since we're not a "democracy" - control of the senate is 60, not 50. Derp ...
    sorry been saying / repeating that for 3 days in a row now.

and Kelly is right otherwise. ... LOL ...

Now back to your regularly scheduled ... whatever.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Uhm ... If you happen to use FaceButt ... err book ... share this to help spread the word of the discussion today on HB - 1424 - the whole hoosier carry thing is a drag.
    (and note - R.I.F. Reading Is Fundamental) ....

Founded and run by fellow INGOers ...

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/1549195595172330

Hey Bill...I asked this question on your FB page:

If I read your comment correctly, if I have a LTCH, I will not be sighted for the misdemeanor if I don't have an ID? Is it still true if I have a LTCH I won't have to have it with me if I'm carrying?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Since we're on the sidelines now ...
    "... the control the house, the senate ... " whoa - wait a minute nelly - since we're not a "democracy" - control of the senate is 60, not 50. Derp ...
    sorry been saying / repeating that for 3 days in a row now.

and Kelly is right otherwise. ... LOL ...

Now back to your regularly scheduled ... whatever.

Since they rarely actually filibuster anymore (listening to Sheets Byrd talk about his wife making him take out the trash and his dog is probably why they went this route) the 60 threshold will be needed on HR 38 IIRC. They'd break out in free ice cream caucuses: butter pecan, chocolate, french vanilla, regular vanilla,

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    We been warning about the potential for a "Compromise Carry" bill since the summer study committee was created last spring.

“Compromise Carry” is a permit-less carry bill, like “Constitutional Carry” but with gun control added.

Well now it is here, HB 1424, and it is scheduled for a hearing in the House Public Policy Committee tomorrow. While this bill is technically permit-less carry it has several problems:

HB 1424 contains mental health provisions that can cost law-abiding gun owners the loss of their gun rights WITHOUT due process. The language may even be more broad than Obama's Veterans and Social Security gun bans.

There are also provisions concerning protective orders where anyone, not just household members, could get a protective order entered by a judge at a secret hearing that you are not even aware of that would suspend your right to carry.

The state will still require you to carry a state ID at all times when carrying a firearm, and will penalize law-abiding gun owners for no other reason than failing to do so.

As-is if HB 1424 is passed, Indiana would become a “Constitutional Carry” state, but perhaps the most restrictive state of any that have passed it so far.

HB 1424 MUST be fixed before it leaves committee.

Call Rep. Tim Wesco, the bill's author and Vice-Chairman of the Public Policy committee, and tell him we want Constitutional Carry WITHOUT COMPROMISE; fix the bill before voting it out of committee.

Then contact Rep. Ben Smaltz, the Public Policy Chairman and a co-author on the bill, and tell him the same.

Tim Wesco: (Author of the bill, Vice-Chairman of committee)
    (317) 232-9753 - h21@iga.in.gov

Ben Smaltz: (Co-Author of the bill, Chairman of committee)
    (317) 232-9850 - h52@iga.in.gov

Once you have called please consider chipping in $5 or $10 to help us mobilize more gun owners to pass pro-gun legislation like Constititonal Carry and keep gun control, like state versions of Obama's social security and veteran's gun bans from becoming law.

In Liberty,

Michael Thomas

P.S. Tim Wesco and Ben Smaltz's "Compromise Carry" bill, HB 1424, is scheduled for a hearing and a vote TOMORROW. It is important to call Tim Wesco (317) 232-9850 and Ben Smaltz (317) 232-9753[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] and tell them to fix the bill before voting it out of committee.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I can't support this bill if Hoosier Carry is correct.[/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We been warning about the potential for a "Compromise Carry" bill since the summer study committee was created last spring.

“Compromise Carry” is a permit-less carry bill, like “Constitutional Carry” but with gun control added.

Well now it is here, HB 1424, and it is scheduled for a hearing in the House Public Policy Committee tomorrow. While this bill is technically permit-less carry it has several problems:

HB 1424 contains mental health provisions that can cost law-abiding gun owners the loss of their gun rights WITHOUT due process. The language may even be more broad than Obama's Veterans and Social Security gun bans.

There are also provisions concerning protective orders where anyone, not just household members, could get a protective order entered by a judge at a secret hearing that you are not even aware of that would suspend your right to carry.

The state will still require you to carry a state ID at all times when carrying a firearm, and will penalize law-abiding gun owners for no other reason than failing to do so.

As-is if HB 1424 is passed, Indiana would become a “Constitutional Carry” state, but perhaps the most restrictive state of any that have passed it so far.

HB 1424 MUST be fixed before it leaves committee.

Call Rep. Tim Wesco, the bill's author and Vice-Chairman of the Public Policy committee, and tell him we want Constitutional Carry WITHOUT COMPROMISE; fix the bill before voting it out of committee.

Then contact Rep. Ben Smaltz, the Public Policy Chairman and a co-author on the bill, and tell him the same.

Tim Wesco: (Author of the bill, Vice-Chairman of committee)
    (317) 232-9753 - h21@iga.in.gov

Ben Smaltz: (Co-Author of the bill, Chairman of committee)
    (317) 232-9850 - h52@iga.in.gov

Once you have called please consider chipping in $5 or $10 to help us mobilize more gun owners to pass pro-gun legislation like Constititonal Carry and keep gun control, like state versions of Obama's social security and veteran's gun bans from becoming law.

In Liberty,

Michael Thomas

P.S. Tim Wesco and Ben Smaltz's "Compromise Carry" bill, HB 1424, is scheduled for a hearing and a vote TOMORROW. It is important to call Tim Wesco (317) 232-9850 and Ben Smaltz (317) 232-9753 and tell them to fix the bill before voting it out of committee.

I can't support this bill if Hoosier Carry is correct.

They ain't.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Anyone there? KellyinAvon?
    I heard on FB that Guy was going.

I was going to try, but work weather and traffic have conspired against me getting there. So I just got it up on line to listen.

Looks like still on the alcohol bill that was 1st on the agenda.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK Amendment 5 ...
    But it isn't posted on-line

"scraps bill; Changes 4 yr to 5 yr - has fees; Lifetime is free; NICS check waived with 5 yrs Permit" ...

I think we got bait and switched.
    It sounds like LTCH requirement to carry is now retained.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    OK Amendment 5 ...
    But it isn't posted on-line

"scraps bill; Changes 4 yr to 5 yr - has fees; Lifetime is free; NICS check waived with 5 yrs Permit" ...

I think we got bait and switched.
    It sounds like LTCH requirement to carry is now retained.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Sounds like bs to me!

Top Bottom