• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Wow...

I have a question though... about midway through he say "Oiy, Oiy, Oiy" and points out to the water. It looks like a small boat with people in it is fighting hard against the current to save themselves.

Am I seeing that correctly?

You are correct.

At 2:55 the guy off camera says, "Hey hey hey... there's a person over there.." and the guy points and says "A person!"

Basically the announcer is repeatedly saying what you would expect from a public warning system, the Cliff Notes version being, "There is a huge tsunami coming, get away from the bay area, escape to higher ground, ..!" He actually says, "...please walk..." in his spiel. :n00b: HDSilverstreak is also correct. It is a recording. The speech after the second horn is exactly the same as the first, which is why the language that the announcer uses is super polite speech called keigo. In English he would be saying something along the lines of, "We kindly ask that you please escape to higher ground." This is probably the most OMGWTFSHTF situation anyone in that area has ever seen, and he is calmly talking in the same manner as a waiter at a restaurant asking, "May I please take your order?" --> "May I kindly ask you to make your way in the opposite direction away from the worst disaster that has hit this country in recorded history?"

Of course this is better than having somebody in blind panic mode getting on there and screaming/babbling incoherently, which is why they undoubtedly have an automated recording doing the work. Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto! :bowdown:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    You are correct.

At 2:55 the guy off camera says, "Hey hey hey... there's a person over there.." and the guy points and says "A person!"

Basically the announcer is repeatedly saying what you would expect from a public warning system, the Cliff Notes version being, "There is a huge tsunami coming, get away from the bay area, escape to higher ground, ..!" He actually says, "...please walk..." in his spiel. :n00b: HDSilverstreak is also correct. It is a recording. The speech after the second horn is exactly the same as the first, which is why the language that the announcer uses is super polite speech called keigo. In English he would be saying something along the lines of, "We kindly ask that you please escape to higher ground." This is probably the most OMGWTFSHTF situation anyone in that area has ever seen, and he is calmly talking in the same manner as a waiter at a restaurant asking, "May I please take your order?" --> "May I kindly ask you to make your way in the opposite direction away from the worst disaster that has hit this country in recorded history?"

Of course this is better than having somebody in blind panic mode getting on there and screaming/babbling incoherently, which is why they undoubtedly have an automated recording doing the work. Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto! :bowdown:

Thanks for translating for those of us who don't know other languages. :yesway:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That is absolutely beyond comprehension. The sad part is knowing we are watching people die, and there is nothing anybody could have done to save them against the power of that water.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    What caught my attention was the people on the top of the other building. I wonder how he and the cameraman all got out.

I read accounts of similar people in similar buildings that had to wait for 24 or many more hours to let the water recede enough to have a shot at getting out. You were just the fortunate ones if you were at the top of a building that didn't happen to disintegrate under the force of the water.

Neezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    watching those videos is so awesome. it is exciting and sickening all at the same time. where do you start to pick up the pieces. clean up would be about like spreading mulch with tweezers. it would go on and on and on

Top Bottom