• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I can't believe how calm both the photographer and the guy on the loud speaker were. I don't speak Japanese, so I guess the guy could have been saying, "Oh my god, we are so ****ed. **** me, this is ****ing unreal. We are all ****ed. Holy **** we are ****ed."

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Dang that would scare the s--- out of me. I would be concerned that the building I was on would wash away. Did you notice how high the water came up on the building the guy was filming from? That is what I would call biblical proportions. Oh and don't forget I think it was 35 degrees that day!

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    That was just unreal.

The voice on the loud speaker, I believe, was a recording. And the streets were probably deserted because Japan has one of the best early warning systems in the world for this. There was a news story recently specifically devoted to their warning system and how many lives were saved because of it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It started out so slow and, well, boring, I almost turned it off. So many of the videos posted after it happened made it look surreal and peaceful, inasmuch as the wave was slow and deliberate. Not that it didn't have the power behind it, just that it didn't have that catastrophic crash from a mile up like they show in the cartoons. More like filling your bathtub than wiping out entire cities.

But holy GOD that was scary. And I'm landlocked several thousand miles away.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow...

I have a question though... about midway through he say "Oiy, Oiy, Oiy" and points out to the water. It looks like a small boat with people in it is fighting hard against the current to save themselves.

Am I seeing that correctly?

If so, I hope they were able to safely grab onto something and get to high ground, it looked like they were losing ground pretty good.

Top Bottom