Incandescent light bulb ban goes into effect August 1st…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Been a long time since I’ve posted, but couldn’t resist. **** em’ I’ve had enough of this ****. I bought gobs of incandescent bulbs when I heard about the ban. Full disclosure I’m an electrician by trade and use LEDs because they run cheaper however it should be my choice. Hell, I didn’t even want a confederate flag until it wasn’t accepted. I just want to be left the **** alone.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    Anyone make a "lightbulb run" to buy up the last ones?? What happens to the leftovers tomorrow? I recall the facists saying that "specialty & artistic lights" would be exempt, but with the 45 lumen / watt rule I guess that was just some BS to sell this crap. And I've yet to have an led lamp last all those years that they claim :dunno: I wonder what the carbon footprint is of all those electronics hidden in the base of an LED lightbulb? Or the mercury in a CFL? Off to the landfill!!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If I'm not mistaken Obummer started this off with more regulations. Trump lifted it while in office, and Diaper Joe has now taken it to the next level.

I know it was extremely difficult for several years to get rough service bulbs for my drop lights at the shop. Then when Trump came into office I could get them again. Bought several cases at that time. Now they're unobtainable. Everything is led.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone make a "lightbulb run" to buy up the last ones?? What happens to the leftovers tomorrow? I recall the facists saying that "specialty & artistic lights" would be exempt, but with the 45 lumen / watt rule I guess that was just some BS to sell this crap. And I've yet to have an led lamp last all those years that they claim :dunno: I wonder what the carbon footprint is of all those electronics hidden in the base of an LED lightbulb? Or the mercury in a CFL? Off to the landfill!!
    Guess you've had crap luck. Ive got some easy 10-15 year old LEDs still going strong. :dunno:

Reactions: KLB

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    From what I read and understand, manufacturing them will be illegal. Selling the remaining inventory and using them is legal.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Nope, burning stuff is bad. Instead they'll want you to switch to rechargeable lights that use batteries with minerals mined by child labor.
    Lol, funny but not funny.

If my kids are ever acting spoiled or sassy about doing a chore or something, my response is “don’t you know there’s kids in Africa digging up lithium for you iPad! Get to work!”

Kinda like “you better eat that food, there’s starving kids in China…” from back in my day.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is going to affect a lot more people adversely than most might think.
    There are uncounted numbers of incandescent fixtures that simply will not work ( properly) with led bulbs.
    Some fixtures appear to stay dimmley lit even when turned off.
    Others give led bulbs a strobe affect.
    I have changed fixtures for people simply because the old fixtures do not work and play well with LED's.

Top Bottom