Incandescent light bulb ban goes into effect August 1st…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I HATE reading under LED light. They are awful for detail work, like electronic circuit boards and trigger jobs on 1911's. I guess I can wire an AC adapter to my flash light, unless the fools outlawed them also.

I have bought 1/2 dozen different LED versions, they all are unsatisfactory. It is easier on the eyes to read by the glow of an open hearth steel furnace. Even the Government and the manufacturers know that LED lights are detrimental to eye health. A simple 60 watt incandescent in the lamp next to my chair is all I need, and the criminal, baby raping bastards in government are taking that away.

I spent my whole life doing the best I could and doing what was right even if it cost me a lot and now look. "I am sick and tired of taking crap from people who are inferior to me"

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Our government can’t fix homelessness in the streets but they can waste their time outlawing incandescent light bulbs??? What would Thomas Edison say about this utter stupidity? :nono:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I HATE reading under LED light. They
    are awful for detail work,
    Might try these.

I've not tried them yet but I do have several other products made by him and read his blog often. He sincerely is a lighting snob and makes top quality lighting equipment. Personally I can't tell the difference in between a warm tint LED (2200k-2700k) and an incandescent. The bright light and daylight (3000k+) has a bluish (cool) tint that is great for tactical flashlights because it's disorienting but is awful for house lighting for the very same reason.

Also this is the first I've heard of a ban on incandescent bulds. Guess I should be paying more attention.

Reactions: Leo

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Surefire should market one of these on INGO.

They'd make bank... :D

running-the-maglite-on-this-300blk-build-v0-hdvfqf4u5jl91.jpg

Top Bottom