In Memory of Our Friend, Churchmouse....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    That could be something we throw together so the burden isn’t on CKW. (Though she and the fam would definitely be invited. )

But if they want to, great.

I have access to a 120 person facility if we need a place to do a pitch in on the southside of Indy near Bradis
    Shoot me a PM with the information and I will let her know.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    When I spoke with Cindy before Tim left us she said there will be a get together for all of his friends and family. It will be posted on INGO….
    I think some of us are thinking we do not in any way want to be a burden on the family and friends, tie up a visitation line, etc, but still have an overwhelming desire to get together, to honor him, show love to his family, and try to continue the legacy he’s left.

I’m worried we could do more harm than good, just speaking as one who is not in the inner circle, but has still been touched by his generosity.
    Just my opinion.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I think some of us are thinking we do not in any way want to be a burden on the family and friends, tie up a visitation line, etc, but still have an overwhelming desire to get together, to honor him, show love to his family, and try to continue the legacy he’s left.

I’m worried we could do more harm than good, just speaking as one who is not in the inner circle, but has still been touched by his generosity.
    Just my opinion.
    I am sure he is looking down and is well aware of the outpouring of empathy and support.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Just my opinion.

My thoughts exactly

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Just my opinion.
    I think an INGO event, separate from the traditional service would be okay. Of course anyone that wanted to go to a viewing/funeral could do so on their own, but as far as a gathering, I agree that it should probably be separate.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Hell what would you expect out of a guy who was raised by 2 uncles who were Army Rangers?

I met Tim when I bought an AR from him about 8 years ago. Of course, we chatted for awhile. He told me the story when he got his first infraction here from a mod. someone made a disparaging remark about one of his uncles. Tim called him a putz. He was cool with the infraction, cause he knew he broke the rules. but no way he was going to let someone disrespect his uncles.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think an INGO event, separate from the traditional service would be okay. Of course anyone that wanted to go to a viewing/funeral could do so on their own, but as far as a gathering, I agree that it should probably be separate.
    I’d love to attend, hopefully a weekend works out for everybody.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m very sad to hear this. I met Tim a few times. First time was when he bought an AR from me. 2nd time I made some wooden yo-go’s for his “terrorists”. 3rd time I made a Christmas ornament for his wife. Last couple times he made a donation to our adoption process.

I really liked Tim. He was one of the best. I wish I had gotten to know him better…

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Very nice that people want to help and support, and are concerned about doing so in a manner that is appropriate.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Man, this is really sad news. Met the mouse once, years ago workin the booth with Kelly. Super nice guy. I'll really miss his presence on this board. RIP, CM.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Excerpt from a "conversation" with Churchmouse....

"I have never backed away from a fight.
    no plans to start now.
    every day is a blessing to me. I am surrounded with unconditional love. The kids and their kids, friends and extended family.
    I won’t give that up easily.
    thanks again for the kind and uplifting words."

He was a blessed man.

Prayers for his family and loved ones.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Please bear with me on this one... I'll get there eventually.

While CM and I had several years between us (15 to be exact) our taste in music was quite similar. It was CM who first used the "30 days in the hole" reference after banning someone. That's why I tend to drop the hammer with the "Humble Pie reference".

Phonetically The Band and The Banned sound the same. "The Weight" is on my playlist and is probably The Band's best known song, released the year CM graduated from high school. I sent CM many a text that said, "I just ran into a member of The Banned and I don't mean Robbie Robertson or Levon Helm."

Meet, eat, and remember... I'll be there.

Top Bottom