In Memory of Our Friend, Churchmouse....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Like others I only met Tim once. Bought a very cool firearm when he was selling off his collection. I wish it was one of his 1911s but not to be. Anyways the man invited me into his home and sat at the kitchen table and talked for 20 or 30 minutes. When I left knowing his condition I thought if I had only met him years ago I'm pretty sure we would have became friends. Tim was my kind of people. A blue collar no frills take me as I am or don't..I dont care kind of guy.
    Praying for his family and close friends.

RIP CM

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Just wanted to drop this in here to make sure @CKW sees it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've been training for a promotion at work and haven't been on here very much lately. When I saw this late last night it hit me like a ton of bricks. This is devastating news.

I pray for Cindy, the little terrorists, and his entire family. He touched many lives, more than he could've ever known. His earthly body is no longer with us but his legacy will live on forever. There isn't a scale on earth that could measure Tim's worth, he had that much of an impact.

One interaction that I'll always treasure: he had done me a very solid favor so I wanted to thank him. At the last 1911 class I handed him an envelope with cash and then a box of 45 golden sabers. He said "what the hell is this for?" And I said "just a small token of my appreciation". He was humbled and thankful and we joked about him now being able to retire! He was always the one doing nice things for people so it was awesome to be able to do that.

I can only imagine that his status will grow more and more legendary as the days weeks months and years roll on. I will carry my 1911 in honor of Tim and I will grieve with you all today, at his funeral or celebration of life, and in the days to come.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Churchmouse was a guy who would give it to you straight. If you were wrong he'd tell you, but in a personal way that related to the relationship he had with that person. Sometimes it was just a, hey how you doing? or I saw your post in the such n such thread, Really? Kindof letting you know that you screwed up and he knew you knew. Shape up. Because he was right and he knew when people were pushing the limits. He was REALLY OLD and wise ;)
    If you were right and had been wronged, he would have your back Too, even when no one else would and even if it caused him some crap. He had my back more than once. I wouldn't have even stayed on ingo as long as I did if it weren't for CM. I'm convinced that there wouldn't still be an ingo if it weren't for that man and I told him so back in those days. Or maybe there would be one but it certainly wouldn't Have had so many members as it does now and certainly not the close bonds that are forged among its members. Tim did that. He brought people together. Even people he didn't like. He would sit down over a cheeseburger and hash it out. I think we've lost that personal connection in our society today.
    I don't know how he put up with all of the crap he did as a mod. That's not an easy job and it truly is thankless. But Tim wasn't a quitter. He was one of the toughest most badass guys I've ever met. Hell what would you expect out of a guy who was raised by 2 uncles who were Army Rangers? Churchmouse was part of a dying breed in this country. He was our John Wayne or atleast that's how I'm going to remember him. Straight talk, no BS, ready to ring your neck if you needed it, and he would/could do it too, it wasn't for show, he was tough. But you know what? Even with that tough exterior that man had a heart of gold. One of the most careing, loving, gentle, nurturing men that you could ever hope to know. He gave and gave and gave. Anytime someone was down or needed help, it was always Tim who texted or pm'd and was setting something up for them.
    We always have regrets when we lose someone special. I wish I had stayed in touch with CM more after I stopped coming around here as much. It wasnt his fault at all, but I abandoned my friend(s). I'll live with that regret. But from brothers that did/do stay in touch with him on the regular that I srill talk to, he never stopped asking about me or caring. That's how he was. He cared. If he had let you in that bubble, you weren't getting out. He remembered you. Thank you Tim.
    Mouse met hundreds if not thousands of INGO members in the last decade or more, and many others through his life, and I know he made an impact on them in a better way. Even if they didnt realize it at the time because it might have been hard love. It's probably what they needed to hear at the time, and hopefully you learned a lesson and bettered yourself.
    I think that's what we can all hope for when we leave this mortal plain. To leave a possitive meaningful impact on those around us and hope that they will pay it forward to those they love and meet in this journey called life.
    So that's what I plan on doing to honor our Churchmouse. I'm going to pay forward the love, the kindness, the Mentorship, that he showed me and others. Im going to remember him and the way he treated me. And in doing that, Churchmouse/Tim will never die.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Churchmouse was a guy who would give it to you straight. If you were wrong he'd tell you, but in a personal way that related to the relationship he had with that person. Sometimes it was just a, hey how you doing? or I saw your post in the such n such thread, Really? Kindof letting you know that you screwed up and he knew you knew. Shape up. Because he was right and he knew when people were pushing the limits. He was REALLY OLD and wise ;)
    If you were right and had been wronged, he would have your back Too, even when no one else would and even if it caused him some crap. He had my back more than once. I wouldn't have even stayed on ingo as long as I did if it weren't for CM. I'm convinced that there wouldn't still be an ingo if it weren't for that man and I told him so back in those days. Or maybe there would be one but it certainly wouldn't Have had so many members as it does now and certainly not the close bonds that are forged among its members. Tim did that. He brought people together. Even people he didn't like. He would sit down over a cheeseburger and hash it out. I think we've lost that personal connection in our society today.
    I don't know how he put up with all of the crap he did as a mod. That's not an easy job and it truly is thankless. But Tim wasn't a quitter. He was one of the toughest most badass guys I've ever met. Hell what would you expect out of a guy who was raised by 2 uncles who were Army Rangers? Churchmouse was part of a dying breed in this country. He was our John Wayne or atleast that's how I'm going to remember him. Straight talk, no BS, ready to ring your neck if you needed it, and he would/could do it too, it wasn't for show, he was tough. But you know what? Even with that tough exterior that man had a heart of gold. One of the most careing, loving, gentle, nurturing men that you could ever hope to know. He gave and gave and gave. Anytime someone was down or needed help, it was always Tim who texted or pm'd and was setting something up for them.
    We always have regrets when we lose someone special. I wish I had stayed in touch with CM more after I stopped coming around here as much. It wasnt his fault at all, but I abandoned my friend(s). I'll live with that regret. But from brothers that did/do stay in touch with him on the regular that I srill talk to, he never stopped asking about me or caring. That's how he was. He cared. If he had let you in that bubble, you weren't getting out. He remembered you. Thank you Tim.
    Mouse met hundreds if not thousands of INGO members in the last decade or more, and many others through his life, and I know he made an impact on them in a better way. Even if they didnt realize it at the time because it might have been hard love. It's probably what they needed to hear at the time, and hopefully you learned a lesson and bettered yourself.
    I think that's what we can all hope for when we leave this mortal plain. To leave a possitive meaningful impact on those around us and hope that they will pay it forward to those they love and meet in this journey called life.
    So that's what I plan on doing to honor our Churchmouse. I'm going to pay forward the love, the kindness, the Mentorship, that he showed me and others. Im going to remember him and the way he treated me. And in doing that, Churchmouse/Tim will never die.
    I too was contacted by him on a particular post when I was close to crossing the line. A firm, but gentle admonition. And he also deleted an infraction when another mod was overzealous in handing me one.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hope he's happy in whatever his next adventure is. We've met up multiple times over the years, generally to purchase each other with some sort of dead animal flesh between processed grains and dairy product, but he's also helped me out with some gas line work and some walk-a-dumbass-through-a-well-pump-repair-over-the-phone time. You know a guy knows his stuff when he can walk me, with zero prior knowledge, through a repair after just seeing some pictures.

The last time we met up he was getting tired and I didn't stay long. Just dropped some smoked meat off and went on my way, but my son was with me and got to meet him and I felt good about that.

Top Bottom