In Memory of Our Friend, Churchmouse....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I first met CM on INGO and shortly found he had been involved in racing for a long time, only to discover we ran around and worked with the same people. Many of which were old timers who've long since retired. How we never came across one another prior to INGO is beyond me.
    He was instrumental in herding all the cats, to make LT6 what it is, and his passion for helping others & treating people kindly was infectious. His 'No BS' policy was admirable.

It was those traits (and his outrageous post count) that made me want to suggest Tim as a new Moderator to rest of the staff... He began visiting the shop where I worked shortly after he was made a moderator, and I remember our long discussions on this whole 'Social Experiment' that is the internet, and INGO, and seeing it all from both sides...

And I had to chuckle when searching google maps one day only to find that they had captured a day when Tim and I were shooting trap out at my place. He was unloading or loading his Red Pickup truck in the photo as I was setting up or tearing down near the silver tarp near the bottom of the photo.

Last photo is Tim goofing off double fisting some glocks during the 1st lt6 shoot. Sept 14th, 2014.
    He busted up his knuckles pretty good if I recall?

And I remember having to bring him a new brown INGO hat about once a year because he was wearing the hell out of them.

Yet another wise mentor has gone. And I miss him dearly.
    I will be sure to bring you a new hat when my time comes.

Godspeed my friend.

Trap Shoot.jpg

helmet.jpg tim.jpg

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    CM's passion for his family, his country, his craft and this forum were amazing.

He was merciful, only grabbing the banhammer when absolutely necessary. He brought out the best in the people who's lives he touched.

Been checking for the obit, but none found for him yet. I did find what appears to be his father, and the resemblance is remarkable.
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/indystar/name/ernest-siddons-obituary?id=21049599
    1662053615764.png

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Churchmouse was a guy who would give it to you straight. If you were wrong he'd tell you, but in a personal way that related to the relationship he had with that person. Sometimes it was just a, hey how you doing? or I saw your post in the such n such thread, Really? Kindof letting you know that you screwed up and he knew you knew. Shape up. Because he was right and he knew when people were pushing the limits. He was REALLY OLD and wise ;)
    If you were right and had been wronged, he would have your back Too, even when no one else would and even if it caused him some crap. He had my back more than once. I wouldn't have even stayed on ingo as long as I did if it weren't for CM. I'm convinced that there wouldn't still be an ingo if it weren't for that man and I told him so back in those days. Or maybe there would be one but it certainly wouldn't Have had so many members as it does now and certainly not the close bonds that are forged among its members. Tim did that. He brought people together. Even people he didn't like. He would sit down over a cheeseburger and hash it out. I think we've lost that personal connection in our society today.
    I don't know how he put up with all of the crap he did as a mod. That's not an easy job and it truly is thankless. But Tim wasn't a quitter. He was one of the toughest most badass guys I've ever met. Hell what would you expect out of a guy who was raised by 2 uncles who were Army Rangers? Churchmouse was part of a dying breed in this country. He was our John Wayne or atleast that's how I'm going to remember him. Straight talk, no BS, ready to ring your neck if you needed it, and he would/could do it too, it wasn't for show, he was tough. But you know what? Even with that tough exterior that man had a heart of gold. One of the most careing, loving, gentle, nurturing men that you could ever hope to know. He gave and gave and gave. Anytime someone was down or needed help, it was always Tim who texted or pm'd and was setting something up for them.
    We always have regrets when we lose someone special. I wish I had stayed in touch with CM more after I stopped coming around here as much. It wasnt his fault at all, but I abandoned my friend(s). I'll live with that regret. But from brothers that did/do stay in touch with him on the regular that I srill talk to, he never stopped asking about me or caring. That's how he was. He cared. If he had let you in that bubble, you weren't getting out. He remembered you. Thank you Tim.
    Mouse met hundreds if not thousands of INGO members in the last decade or more, and many others through his life, and I know he made an impact on them in a better way. Even if they didnt realize it at the time because it might have been hard love. It's probably what they needed to hear at the time, and hopefully you learned a lesson and bettered yourself.
    I think that's what we can all hope for when we leave this mortal plain. To leave a possitive meaningful impact on those around us and hope that they will pay it forward to those they love and meet in this journey called life.
    So that's what I plan on doing to honor our Churchmouse. I'm going to pay forward the love, the kindness, the Mentorship, that he showed me and others. Im going to remember him and the way he treated me. And in doing that, Churchmouse/Tim will never die.

Fine words. Thank you for sharing this.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    So sad to see this, even though we all knew this day was coming...it still sucks badly. Never met IRL, as far as I know, but we used to go to a lot of the same events. Harley and racing stuff, so we might well have crossed paths. Such a great guy, from what I've seen on here. :(

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was thinking about Tim earlier today, I believe he’s who I got my INGO sticker from, it’s been on the rear hatch of my old Ford Escape for years.

It hit really hard yesterday when I first heard that he was gone. I came back to check on this thread, and I’m teary eyed again.

I’m the kind of guy that rarely deletes texts from friends and family, I’ll probably give it a few days or weeks, and read through my texts with Tim, just don’t feel up to it now.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Honest question, does anyone know if there will be a service? If so there SHOULD be an INGO delegation present
    I can surmise that “if” the time comes, we will be informed through INGO channels, mods. Family and Friends need to be thought of first. JMO.

Posted Respectfully.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Really sad to read this news. Prayers to his family.

Hopefully his family would consider an open house where INGO members could come and pay their respects. CMs impact on this community was profound.

MIke

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Really sad to read this news. Prayers to his family.

Hopefully his family would consider an open house where INGO members could come and pay their respects. CMs impact on this community was profound.

MIke
    That could be something we throw together so the burden isn’t on CKW. (Though she and the fam would definitely be invited. )

But if they want to, great.

I have access to a 120 person facility if we need a place to do a pitch in on the southside of Indy near Bradis

Top Bottom