• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    i tried Amazon music, I wasn’t overly impressed. Regardless I can’t use my phone in my work truck, it’s got an old Kenworth brand CD player head unit, no frills except more bass than the speakers can handle!

How can you not be impressed when pretty much every song known to man is at your finger tips? The ability to experiment with artists without committing to buying an album, the ability to hear a favorite any time you like, songs that would *never* make it on the radio?

Can't imagine what could be disappointing about it. Unless you're just using premade play lists, then yeah, but that's like buying a Corvette, idling it to the end of the driveway, and saying you don't get the fuss.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you have Amazon prime, you just download the app on your phone, login, and go.
    And how would you get that to come out of the speakers in your car? I don't want to listen to anything out of my crappy little phone speaker. Heck, I don't even want to talk to people with my crappy little phone speaker.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How can you not be impressed when pretty much every song known to man is at your finger tips? The ability to experiment with artists without committing to buying an album, the ability to hear a favorite any time you like, songs that would *never* make it on the radio?

Can't imagine what could be disappointing about it. Unless you're just using premade play lists, then yeah, but that's like buying a Corvette, idling it to the end of the driveway, and saying you don't get the fuss.
    I have my computer and youtube for all of that. :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And how would you get that to come out of the speakers in your car? I don't want to listen to anything out of my crappy little phone speaker. Heck, I don't even want to talk to people with my crappy little phone speaker.

Two cans and a string? :D

Bluetooth connection. It's been a pretty standard feature in car stereos for over a decade. Your phone connects to your stereo via bluetooth (or more recently via wifi with some apps like Android Auto) and then the music plays through your car's system.

Even more old school is USB plugs, which also charge your phone.

Even more old school is 'aux in' where you have a male-male cable that plugs into your head phone jack on the phone then into the aux in on the stereo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Two cans and a string? :D

Bluetooth connection. It's been a pretty standard feature in car stereos for over a decade. Your phone connects to your stereo via bluetooth (or more recently via wifi with some apps like Android Auto) and then the music plays through your car's system.

Even more old school is USB plugs, which also charge your phone.

Even more old school is 'aux in' where you have a male-male cable that plugs into your head phone jack on the phone then into the aux in on the stereo.
    As far as I know, I don't have any of those things.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Either a aux cable, or, if you have a vehicle made in the last 10 years or so, Bluetooth it.

Unless you’re driving a 65 corvair, you should be able to do it. I have an 08 Ford Escape, and have to use an aux cable, but every other vehicle I’ve driven in the last 10 years has Bluetooth.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think there are some USB plugs in my center console, but I don't know what they do. I think they're made for something like an ipod (which I don't have). And I never understood ipods anyhow. There's no display to show what you're listening to, or any way to search for what you want to listen to. I guess I'm just a luddite. :):

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    If you have Amazon prime, you just download the app on your phone, login, and go.
    littletommy a question. Wife gets free Amazon prime, we watch it on our tv sometimes. Are you saying I can download an app. to the i pad I’m on now and use it for music out around the camp fire? That would be to cool. Thanks.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

What I found was I’d search one song I liked, great, then it plays 10 others that aren’t even remotely related to what I was looking for. I don’t know, maybe I didn’t experiment with it enough, but I generally just play the music downloaded on my phone.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think there are some USB plugs in my center console, but I don't know what they do. I think they're made for something like an ipod (which I don't have). And I never understood ipods anyhow. There's no display to show what you're listening to, or any way to search for what you want to listen to. I guess I'm just a luddite. :):
    iPod= todays phones in that you download music on it to play on other devices including your car. I bet if you plug your phone charge cord into the usb it would play through your speakers. Now instead of the iPod your phone does similar.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring. It came with Sirius or XM Radio (I think) for the first year. Never used it, so I let it expire.
    Select 'PAIR' by pressing the TUNE button, then press ENTER button to select.
    Enable Bluetooth® on your phone. Select 'SONATA' from the Bluetooth® device list on your mobile phone and input the passkey displayed on the car radios screen.
    Continue pairing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iPod= todays phones in that you download music on it to play on other devices including your car. I bet if you plug your phone charge cord into the usb it would play through your speakers. Now instead of the iPod your phone does similar.
    But I don't have any music on my cellphone... I can listen to WTTS on their app, but like I said, it burns through my battery so fast I just don't do it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Select 'PAIR' by pressing the TUNE button, then press ENTER button to select.
    Enable Bluetooth® on your phone. Select 'SONATA' from the Bluetooth® device list on your mobile phone and input the passkey displayed on the car radios screen.
    Continue pairing.
    Or... I could just listen to a radio station on the radio, or insert a CD. Look how many fewer words that took to explain! :):

Top Bottom