• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Titor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Neat and a lot of truth ... there is one thing that Paul forgot to mention .
    The perk that most to all cops get and what most to all went in for .
    The Juice - The Adrenalin - The High - The Charge .

Most won't talk about it unless they are alone with you and you are a good friend and they know it won't get into the paper .... and understandably so .

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Most won't talk about it unless they are alone with you and you are a good friend and they know it won't get into the paper .... and understandably so .

So you know the exact reason I became a police officer? I don't remember having that conversation with you or any other INGO member.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

That adrenalin is what will get you killed. We are not stuntmen and should not act like we are. Sounds like something a "cop" on TV would say. I do like catching bad guys but that is hardly a rush. "The juice" never crossed my mind when I went through the academy 16yrs ago.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    So you know the exact reason I became a police officer? I don't remember having that conversation with you or any other INGO member.
    Hell Frank, everyone knows that you became a Cop so that you could beat people senseless and get away with it. ;)
    That adrenalin is what will get you killed. We are not stuntmen and should not act like we are. Sounds like something a "cop" on TV would say. I do like catching bad guys but that is hardly a rush. "The juice" never crossed my mind when I went through the academy 16yrs ago.
    QFT!!!
    Adrenalin can be a Cops best friend or his/her worst enemy.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Reading it, would you describe your feelings as Adrenalin, Juice, Charge, or High?

Your reply won't get into the papers I'm fairly confident.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

totally unfair to say that's why most to all cops got into the job.
    there are times when things get exciting, sure but I hardly believe that this is the motivation for most to all.
    it has been my experience that the excitement/adrenaline dump moments fade the more an officer is faced with the same type of incident. I remember the first time I responded to a person shot. I was in FTO and I felt the dump, got tunnel vision and ran healong through a red light trying to get there. my FTO was clinging onto the car for dear life and schooled me on things afterwards. after responding to a couple dozen more, it feels different, more common and less "exciting". it's a horrible analogy but one could compare this to sex. you will always remember the excitement, nervousness and rush of your first time...maybe even your second or third. I bet you dont remember your 20th, 100th etc... I would wager that if someone got into LE solely for the adrenline moments then they would be sorely disappointed.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I got into the Marines for "The High", "The Juice", all the power of the federal government behind me and at my fingertips.

However, right now I'm on duty at 0345, in the morning, trying to stay awake by sipping water and posting here. Same diff.

Top Bottom