• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I was wondering what people used for to store their weapons while at work or when going to place that what you can not carry.

A bit more specifically, I have to travel to a state that is not very friendly to firearms owners (Illinois). I want to have my weapons secured in my car while at work and when I'm traveling to Illinois.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I store my firearms on my person. That way if I have need of them, they are close and I know where they are. They don't do me any good if I leave them in my car or at home.

If I believed that someone could come and rescue me I might have a different attitude, but I recently learned that Batman and Superman are fictitious.

I have already lost one job because of my beliefs. I am prepared to face the legal consequences of my decision to always be prepared.

You must make your own decision. Don't follow me unless you understand the ramifications.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I store my firearms on my person. That way if I have need of them, they are close and I know where they are. They don't do me any good if I leave them in my car or at home.

If I believed that someone could come and rescue me I might have a different attitude, but I recently learned that Batman and Superman are fictitious.

I have already lost one job because of my beliefs. I am prepared to face the legal consequences of my decision to always be prepared.

You must make your own decision. Don't follow me unless you understand the ramifications.

I fully undersand and would prefer to have my weapons on my hip, I just cant lose my job or go to jail. Illinois would lock me up with out a second if I was caught with a weapon on my hip. I'm a single father so I can't risk that outcome. I also cant risk my job either. I need to be able to support my son and myself.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I didn't say that I carry on my hip. Just that I always carry. And I go into NPE every day. Including Chicago. Sometimes I carry more than one......

(NPE = Non permissive environment)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I work in Chicago. I don't carry into IL but I have known co-workers in my own Chicago headquarters who do.

When I'm not in the Chicago office, I work in the ultra-high-security environment of nuclear power plants, literally more secure than many prisons. There is no way I could carry there without being fired and prosecuted. But on the days I work in the ivory tower downtown, it would not be hard to do at all.

Typically I lock my piece in the vehicle before the daily commute. There are a variety of small lockboxes that you can bolt down to the floor of your vehicle and hide from view.

nvb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    lock it in your glove box so its close and you can use it but the police can't check for it without a warrant. btw and should go without saying, take anything else you might need when getting pulled over, like your registration, out of you glove box an put it somewhere else

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Don't know if this is what you mean by gun storage, but check out Grassburr Leather Works. It's what I use to carry my handgun in my SUV.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Don't know if this is what you mean by gun storage, but check out Grassburr Leather Works. It's what I use to carry my handgun in my SUV.

That won't secure any weapon in my car, it will just hold it. Unfriendly states like Illinois requires me to have it locked up. Also it will leave my weapon exposed to being stolen from my car while at work.

Now for a holster while I'm in the car, that does look like it could be a good holster. Thanks for the idea. :)

youngda9 said:
    In Car Gun Lockers

I have one of these in each car and one for my travel bag.

Thank you. That is almost exactly what I was looking for.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I use a Center of Mass clamshell, had to drive through Illinois last week, moved it from its tether cable to the trunk. Got into Wisconsin, put it back under the seat. Wont stop a Burgler, but delay him/her a couple mins longer.

Top Bottom