• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    We were told to STFU when Marion Barry ran for Mayor after being convicted for Crack. It’s the people’s choice if they want to elect that person. Right? People deserve the government they voted for, right?

Yeah. I think the founders intended this to be the case. The only thing in doubt, if we’re being honest, is that through impeachment they can prohibit officeholders from ever running again. Maybe some people should really be banned from that. But as a private citizen, can they do that?

If they can, it’s as much a bug in the system as it is a feature. It’s a handy political tool, if you have a big enough majority, to punish political opponents. If they can do this, then every congress, where there is an outgoing president of the opposing party, should just make it precedent to impeach and ban them from ever holding public office ever. Just because the other sucks. Nust because partisanship rules, just so that Kut may have the system he wants.
    Facts are he did these things, did not resign; because that would be counter to why he did these things, and the goal of impeachment is to prevent future office....regardless of what Fox is NOT telling everyone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Facts are he did these things, did not resign; because that would be counter to why he did these things, and the goal of impeachment is to prevent future office....regardless of what Fox is NOT telling everyone.
    He did WHAT things?

And what does Fox have to do with anything. Who the **** watches Fox anymore? :dunno:

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    According to the Democrats "standards" a whole lot of them should resign and be prevented from holding future public office but they won't because it runs counter as to why they do the things they do.

The Democrat house manager's "facts' in their presentation are filled with manipulated lies and hypocrisy.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry, phone. The impeachment process has revealed some pretty unflattering things about the way the president handled the riot. Stuff that could prove quite detrimental if he were to run again. The McCarthy call was particularly damning.
    Sure. As I said, I don't want Trump to run again. But, the voters should decide that, not a small group of politically motivated politicians and media giants. And none of that changes the fact that this is indeed political theater. Some facts came out of the trial that are unfavorable to Trump. No doubt. And some of those appear to be true. But also many of those unfavorable facts are completely fabricated. But every Senator was planning to vote a certain way before this started. That's not changed any. It was always predictable how this was going to turn out. It's more about the "neener neeners" than it is about any other single thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think people are nearly incensed enough that the senate took a vote to decide what was constitutional, and then proceeded as if that was sufficient

If that is the 'rule of law' they're always on about, they're doing it wrong

Where was the chief justice, again?
    As was stated earlier the Chief justice is not required to be there because Donald Trump is not the POTUS. Nevermind that it's really not settled whether it's constitutional or not to impeach a private citizen just on the word of partisans.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Clinton was impeached for lying about sex vs sedition, and was not convicted. The pot & the kettle are both indeed black.
    The lie about sex was proven. The only reason there wasn't a conviction was because not enough Democratic Senators would vote to convict the president of their own party. The Republicans did not have 67 votes to convict, even though it was proven that Clinton lied under oath. I mean. He basically admitted it.

Sedition was not proven and Trump will not be convicted of it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure. As I said, I don't want Trump to run again. But, the voters should decide that, not a small group of politically motivated politicians and media giants. And none of that changes the fact that this is indeed political theater. Some facts came out of the trial that are unfavorable to Trump. No doubt. And some of those appear to be true. But also many of those unfavorable facts are completely fabricated. But every Senator was planning to vote a certain way before this started. That's not changed any. It was always predictable how this was going to turn out. It's more about the "neener neeners" than it is about any other single thing.
    Maybe it should be the voters decision, but we already know there are already eligibility prohibitions (per the 14A), so ultimately, who can and can't be elected isn't the voter's decision.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe it should be the voters decision, but we already know there are already eligibility prohibitions (per the 14A), so ultimately, who can and can't be elected isn't the voter's decision.
    There are predictable rules that apply for everyone. When a small group of powerful cronies get together and decide that one person shouldn't get to run, while others who probably shouldn't get to run either are just fine. That's a problem. That becomes rule of partisan men rather than rule of impartial law.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    In my opinion, this whole affair is a waste of time. In four years, Trump is not going to run. He will be too old and too marginalized by the media and the D.C.uniparty.
    His best bet is to move to the UAE and live out his life playing golf, writing a book, and counting his money.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Eligibility requirements, and disqualification.
    -There might be a 33 year old naturalized genius who could run the nation better than it's ever been run... and yet, he can't ever be elected president.
    Ok. Now I understand your point. I'm a wee bit dense on the weekend.

Top Bottom