• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's kind of classless to cheer someone's possible death.
    Yeah, but even that is dependent on context. Trying to avoid Godwin's Law here, but as consensus solidifies around how universally bad a person is, the more socially acceptable it is to wish or cheer their death. So I suppose classlessness would be the inverse of that. I think it's becoming more socially acceptable to cheer for the demise of people one simply disagrees with by the side that disagrees. Flip sides and it's atrocious behavior.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, but even that is dependent on context. Trying to avoid Godwin's Law here, but as consensus solidifies around how universally bad a person is, the more socially acceptable it is to wish or cheer their death. So I suppose classlessness would be the inverse of that. I think it's becoming more socially acceptable to cheer for the demise of people one simply disagrees with by the side that disagrees. Flip sides and it's atrocious behavior.
    No.
    In my opinion, it is atrocious behavior to wish for or cheer another person's death.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How dare a non-leftist attempt to tell people the meaning of words like unity and antithesis. I hope someone followed Rand to set the record straight so as not to leave our nation's "leaders" confused for too long.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think he should run for Congress in 2022. Wouldn't that be something to see him bloviate in the belly of the beast on a chamber floor.

And the Republicans take the House and Trump becomes Speaker of the House.

You want to watch Nancy lose her ****ing ****.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    She may be doing that already (that’s what Depends are for).
    Like Pampers, there's a load limit.

No way in the world is there a industrial quality Depends made to handle that amount of :poop: if she was to lose it, cause she's a giant turd with eyes and a mouth that's decorated with a wig and lipstick.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    5 RINO's vote against Rand Paul that impeaching a private citizen is unconstitutional.

FIVE Republicans voted with Democrats and against Rand Paul. The list included: Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Ben Sasse and Pat Toomey.
    44 voted with Rand Paul. 5 against is well short of the 17 needed to convict. This will go nowhere and is a big waste of time as usual.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    44 voted with Rand Paul. 5 against is well short of the 17 needed to convict. This will go nowhere and is a big waste of time as usual.
    Yep. If someone thinks the whole thing is unconstitutional, I am not sure how they could ever vote to convict.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yep. If someone thinks the whole thing is unconstitutional, I am not sure how they could ever vote to convict.
    And that's not to say that all 5 of those will even vote to convict either. I could see maybe a couple. But still well short anyway you look at it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No.
    In my opinion, it is atrocious behavior to wish for or cheer another person's death.
    I agree. I’m just describing what’s happening to society. There are circumstances where it’s more and less socially acceptable. That doesn’t mean it’s morally good in absolute terms.

Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    We should expect the following scenario.
    1. Trump is out of office, Therefore, convicting him and removing him from office is moot.
    2. The Senate will now move on to a vote on barring Trump from ever holding office again. This requires a simple majority.

The Constitution allows that only after conviction after impeachment, but since that conviction is moot, they will proceed with the additional punishment.
    The problem I have witn this,its our choice who runs and gets elected!
    Not the Senates!
    WE THE PEOPLE!

Top Bottom