• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This came across my email today. I don't know whether to laugh or be concerned.

HSLDA Staff Attorney Tj Schmidt will speak tomorrow before the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) Taskforce about homeschooling.
    Last month a few members contacted us after receiving their copy of the IMPD Southwest Taskforce Newsletter via email. In the main article about school starting up again, the author urged people to:
    Please report children that you think should be in school. Call 911 and ask for an officer to check on the children. Truancy is a growing concern to all of us. We need to find these children and determine which school they should be attending.”​
    Needless to say, this advice alarmed many homeschool families.

So much fail on so many levels.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This came across my email today. I don't know whether to laugh or be concerned.

So much fail on so many levels.

Well, yes and no. If a kid at least appears to be at their home, with some kind of adult supervision, then it's probably okay. If they're wandering the streets? Not so much.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Homeschool Story Problem:

If Ice Dog has 14 grams of crack and Cledus has two Xanax and four heavy suboxone pills, how many votes were stolen from Ron Paul in the primary?

Show your work here=>_____________________________

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    The part that FIRST caught my eye was requesting that they dial 911. Calling an emergency line for a non-emergency? Yeaaaaaah....
    Must be for those kids out playing in the park within eye sight of their house that needs all this special attention. That way they can get CPS involved too.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    level.eleven said:
    You should laugh, obviously. It is an email from the HSLDA. What else are those emails good for?

I do so enjoy seeing them get this sort of response from the statists.

It gives me confidence that I'm on the right track.

As to the OP, everyone needs to mind their own business. No good will come of this. If IMPD is concerned about burglary, they should spend more time patrolling and less time ticketing.

pshinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    I don't home school my kids but I should be able to without being harassed by any government agency.

i know many home school families and the partners in most cases have the ability to teach at level of or above those taught to students in local school systems..

are there exceptions... Yep

as for Marion County there are other concerns...

Top Bottom