• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My two main issues are. Was there an apparent motive other than conducting official duties? Did he have a legal right to keep the firearm(s) after taking possession of it/them?

Spin me out a hypothetical where they call the police to come pick up a gun, various police call each other to send a guy out there, the guy goes out there because the police were called and he was the police officer who does that sort of thing, the guy takes possession of the gun, as a police officer,, runs checks on it....and the gun is never checked in to evidence....and yet he is not conducting official duties or had a legal right to keep the gun.

I'm game.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Spin me out a hypothetical where they call the police to come pick up a gun, various police call each other to send a guy out there, the guy goes out there because the police were called and he was the police officer who does that sort of thing, the guy takes possession of the gun, as a police officer,, runs checks on it....and the gun is never checked in to evidence....and yet he is not conducting official duties or had a legal right to keep the gun.

I'm game.

Since you can read the PCA, did Copart call the police station, or did they call the officer directly? If they called the police station, I'm curious how the same officer got the same run on three separate occasions. That police department isn't that small.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Also noticed this started in 2019, ended up in a search in January and an arrest and charges now.

Seems alot of effort and work for nothing. My guess is there's more.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Since you can read the PCA, did Copart call the police station, or did they call the officer directly? If they called the police station, I'm curious how the same officer got the same run on three separate occasions. That police department isn't that small.

It's a little complicated. According to the PCA, there was an original call that other officers answered, but later the manager produced a business card for the def who she called and later e-mailed....but if the PCA is correct (again big if), the manager was contacting him in an official capacity.

[Mgr.] said that [Def.] was at the business often and she was comfortable speaking With him about things. The last time he had been in on theft report, he and [Mgr.] got to talking. [Def.] told her to have conversation with her team about safety and touching the items that they found in the vehicles ruins the integrity of police investigation and told her that they should leave them in the car and call police to recover them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    LOL, the ever present INGO inner clique is alive & well.

Officer #1, no known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "F that guy with his own nightstick".

Officer #2, known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "Yeah, he didn't do that" or "PFFFT.... not even a crime! SO unfair! Axes are being ground! He's being railroaded to appease the masses"!!!

I knew when I heard about this I knew I'd see bias here.... I didn't expect it to be quite this rampant & obvious.

Wow I'm flattered. I've never been part of the inner clique of ingo EVER. CM is my friend but I guarentee if I screwed up and didnt listen to an in thread warning he would give me time off just like anyone else. If any mod warns I listen. It's a respect thing. Took me one whole account being axed to figure it out but I got the message loud and clear and I do my best to follow their rules.
    If I dont want to follow the owners rules, I'm a big boy and I can click "sign off" and find another Avenue to spend my time.

As far as the member and "officer #2", we aren't "friends". I've never hung out with him. I was at 1 MAYBE 2 events that he has been at over the 10 years I've been a member. I said it earlier we've had our differences. I moved on and I have a lot of respect for the man and the job he does in real life. On here our paths really don't cross much.
    I'd stick up for anyone I think has been wronged. It's really that simple.
    The cliques aren't on ingo anymore. They were years ago yes and it was very frustrating. I was never part of those circles back then either. I was on the outside looking in I assure you.
    You should stick around and come have some fun with us on here again.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is certainly a reasonable position given the fact that you and other members know the individual personally. Even though I do not I have no reason to doubt his character given everything I have come to know about him over the course of many years as a member here.

I too will withhold any judgement until further developments come to light.
    I won’t withhold judgement!

i won’t judge at all! Not up to me. I’ve met the man a couple times. Seems like a good dude to me.
    If someone wants to give me free guns, I’ll take them. (As long as I’m legally allowed.)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The first trip to the auction. Was for a clip, then a gun.

And it said another person had come forward saying he gave him a different gun.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    f63c486f5c5f4afb0617df89743a7d8f.jpg

:yesway:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Officer #1, no known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "F that guy with his own nightstick".

Officer #2, known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "Yeah, he didn't do that" or "PFFFT.... not even a crime! SO unfair! Axes are being ground! He's being railroaded to appease the masses"!!!

I knew when I heard about this I knew I'd see bias here.... I didn't expect it to be quite this rampant & obvious.

How you been Bro?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How you been Bro?

No posts since February 2014. Two in the last day, both in the same thread. You guys get busted for OMVI and the cop wouldn't sprout you? How butt hurt do you have to be to hold a grudge for 6 years? Either it's major or you're just small. I'm gonna go with B

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009

you still mad over group text?

Top Bottom