• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, considering police do set up defendants, even putting them in prison and on death row (e.g., the recent fat judgment against FBI for putting the innocent on death row) it is not unknown to believe "criminals" over the police. However, again, we know that this happens, it's just a matter of determining its frequency.

I am just enthused that Curry is airing his dirty laundry instead of assisting in another cover up or denial. This is a welcomed change in Indianapolis law enforcement.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    IMPD officers make good money, especially those on as long as him with the longevity pay. Not to mention there are a ton of part-time employment opportunities available. What a dumbass he is for throwing away his career for a few hundred dollars, and **** him for tarnishing the badge and giving the haters one more reason to lump me into the same pile.

Don't worry Frank, from what I've read of your posts, I would not lump you in with the other end of the spectrum!

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Denny,
    Can someone explain why this guy was still on the force, given the new information that's arisen concerning his prior conduct? Suspended 7 times over the past 8 years? In most jobs that person would have long ago been sent packing.
    IMPD cop suspended in robbery of Hispanic motorists | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

A good supervisor will do some type of disciplinary action over even the smallest sop violation. So when something major like this happens they will have a paper trail. They're covering their @ss's.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Denny,
    Can someone explain why this guy was still on the force, given the new information that's arisen concerning his prior conduct? Suspended 7 times over the past 8 years? In most jobs that person would have long ago been sent packing.
    IMPD cop suspended in robbery of Hispanic motorists | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Wow. This guy got suspended an average of 10 days a year and was allowed to retain his job. I guess you can't hand out another suspension when you get caught on camera jacking a citizen.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well.....another smart ass cop defending his "buds":): Anywho, my friend is serving 40 in Plainfield I believe it is, for a coke charge. If you feel like maybe you can help catch your crooked hombre, perhaps we can privately arrange a meeting with my old friend and you can discuss it with him. Either way, I could care less what law enforcement thinks because I have no use for any of you or your opinions. :) You look like a cop.:laugh:

I gave up reading this thread, but today there was recent activity so here I am. I am not a cop myself, but I find your post a bit disturbing. The thread about a cop being arrested was brought to us by a cop. So they were not circling the wagons or however you want to term it. As a regular Hoosier citizen, I wouldn't take much that your dope dealing running buddy has to say as factual and I doubt most people would. If that is the company keep, I wouldn't believe much of what you have to say either. I am not sure what you intended about wanting someone to meet with your dope dealing convict, but it kind of sounded threatening to me.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny,
    Honestly I do not know. I do not know the officer in question. I will say that it burns me that we have good officers (not this one) that get dinged over the most petty of things and there are officers that NEED fired but for some reason they get a pass. We had a rookie get suspended for 6 months :n00b:. REALLY???? Fire them. We see the bad seeds in the academy and they get written up. However, the brass (public safety director on down) refuse to fire them. I also have seen that someone gets in trouble and they just get transferred to an different district :dunno:. I have no idea why this officer had not been recommended for termination...I wish I did, I had no idea about his history.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Honestly I do not know. I do not know the officer in question. I will say that it burns me that we have good officers (not this one) that get dinged over the most petty of things and there are officers that NEED fired but for some reason they get a pass. We had a rookie get suspended for 6 months :n00b:. REALLY???? Fire them. We see the bad seeds in the academy and they get written up. However, the brass (public safety director on down) refuse to fire them. I also have seen that someone gets in trouble and they just get transferred to an different district :dunno:. I have no idea why this officer had not been recommended for termination...I wish I did, I had no idea about his history.

It doesn't seem too much different than what happens at any other place of employment. The lazy and the butt kissers get by with their behavior, while the folks with the honest work ethic get scrutinized and punished. I'm sure that you also have your "habitual" FMLA folks , which causes management to tweak the rules to where it's more difficult for those with legitimate medical issues. It is much more likely for management to "countermeasure" the 99%, than deal with the 1% of a-holes causing the problem. Eventually, the scammers,crooks and deadbeats will get what's coming to them. But only after a very lengthy process of documenting their history. ( and after the decent folks around them are punished for their actions)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It doesn't seem too much different than what happens at any other place of employment. The lazy and the butt kissers get by with their behavior, while the folks with the honest work ethic get scrutinized and punished. I'm sure that you also have your "habitual" FMLA folks , which causes management to tweak the rules to where it's more difficult for those with legitimate medical issues. It is much more likely for management to "countermeasure" the 99%, than deal with the 1% of a-holes causing the problem. Eventually, the scammers,crooks and deadbeats will get what's coming to them. But only after a very lengthy process of documenting their history. ( and after the decent folks around them are punished for their actions)
    Ohhhhh you nailed it. Rather than FMLA we refer to it at IOD (injured on duty). THAT is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. We have guys that get IOD'ed quite often. Some is real BS and some is a direct result of their horrible health. They are not hard to spot...they are the soup sandwiches. I work hard to stay in shape and I do not call in sick. Pisses me off.:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Yeah, I know it is one of my "brothers". However, I'm going to go ahead and post it up here before someone else does. My e-mail from the dept was not nearly as detailed at 6 news was. Sounds bad. If this is true, let him burn. I did not know him nor work with him. Ugh. So tired of this. So many good officers that do good work every day and this is what we have to show for it.
    Officer Charged With Stealing Money During Traffic Stops - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

If I did that and got caught I would get thrown in jail, so should he. NO special treatment. Just because youre a cop does not mean you should be treated any differently because you have got a badge. completely agreed with the Let him burn! :yesway:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thanks for posting Denny, glad the guy got caught. I know that he is definately in the minority and will be dealt with. I think slowly but surely we are starting to see a paradigm shift in attitudes among LE (hopefully). I'm seeing more police departments starting to really enforce accountability among the officers which is a good thing. Just yesterday while at a popular gunstore frequented by cops, two older retired guys were talking about some of the changes within IMPD and some of the stricter accountability measures there and one said, "Whatever happened to the days when you could tell the good citizen to go pound sand?" when referring to a citizen complaint about this or that. We used to see the same thing among drill sergeants. In the 'old days' drill sergeants would do some things that would be outright abuse or assault. Now you go to Benning and there are very strict rules of engagement for dealing with trainees. There are some that you would love to take to the woodline but now it's easier to just put them out which is fine.

Top Bottom