21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Travel in non tourist mexico and you can expect this on a regular basis. I always carried two tens in my wallet and the rest of my cash in my pocket.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    While this reflects badly upon the whole force the worst part is that this guy has damaged relations with the Hispanic population, by targeting them. This kind of damage takes a lot to repair. Years. It certainly won't make policing in those neighbourhoods any easier.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    man thats bold. not only was it just wrong, but how could he think he wouldnt be reported? a 20 something year veteran. what a way to throw away a good career and also possibly put your fellow co-workers in danger in an already violent community

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can't be. We never arrest our own, we only circle the wagons and cover things up.

This **** pisses me off to no end.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Travel in non tourist mexico and you can expect this on a regular basis. I always carried two tens in my wallet and the rest of my cash in my pocket.
    reminds me of my teenage years going to Juarez to drink "give me all your money or your going to jail" got to love the federales.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    IMPD officers make good money, especially those on as long as him with the longevity pay. Not to mention there are a ton of part-time employment opportunities available. What a dumbass he is for throwing away his career for a few hundred dollars, and **** him for tarnishing the badge and giving the haters one more reason to lump me into the same pile.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    While this reflects badly upon the whole force the worst part is that this guy has damaged relations with the Hispanic population, by targeting them. This kind of damage takes a lot to repair. Years. It certainly won't make policing in those neighbourhoods any easier.
    Why, precisely, does this reflect on the WHOLE Force.
    One Officer is potentially a dirtbag and you place the entire force on your "Condemned" list.
    That's tantamount to saying that since a Black man committed a crime ALL Black men look bad.
    You are some piece of work!! :n00b: :noway:
    BTW
    If he's guilty I'm for throwing the book at him too.
    I DESPISE CROOKED COPS!!!
    Because they've violated their oath, broke a trust bond with their fellow Officers,
    And!!
    They just give "people" like you an excuse to bash all LEO's.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    IMPD officers make good money, especially those on as long as him with the longevity pay. Not to mention there are a ton of part-time employment opportunities available. What a dumbass he is for throwing away his career for a few hundred dollars, and **** him for tarnishing the badge and giving the haters one more reason to lump me into the same pile.

From a citizen standpoint, I don't think it tarnishes the badge at all...IMO what tarnishes the badge is when a PO blatantly breaks the law and the department sweeps it under the rug. Woodcarver, drunk cop killing a motor cyclist, beating guys while they are cuffed and a camera catches it, etc and nothing happens to them is what gets under my skin.

This guy broke the law and is getting punished for it like anyone else. Good for IMPD.:yesway:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    One Officer is potentially a dirtbag and you place the entire force on your "Condemned" list.
    That's tantamount to saying that since a Black man committed a crime ALL Black men look bad.
    BTW
    Because they've violated their oath, broke a trust bond with their fellow Officers,
    And!!

Haven't you been paying attention? It's because if an officer does something like this on a traffic stop, it is to be assumed that the other 1600+ officers on our department knew about it and chose to do nothing thereby making us all culpable.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Haven't you been paying attention? It's because if an officer does something like this on a traffic stop, it is to be assumed that the other 1600+ officers on our department knew about it and chose to do nothing thereby making us all culpable.
    Oh Yeah!!
    Sorry!
    I forgot about the "Cover up oath". :ugh:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    BTW
    And!!
    That's the way it plays out in the public eye and, in this case, in the Hispanic community he was busily robbing. It inevitably tarnishes all of the force, even tho they're going to burn this guy. One bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch, for awhile. And, as far as the racial comparison...hate to say it but we see the comparison on a daily basis. All black youths are looked upon with suspicion, even tho the majority are good kids and good citizens. Same can be said about the muslim communities around the world.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    That's the way it plays out in the public eye and, in this case, in the Hispanic community he was busily robbing. It inevitably tarnishes all of the force, even tho they're going to burn this guy. One bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch, for awhile.
    Well...........
    It's gratifying to know that an INGO Member is able to speak for all of The Public.
    Was this a Presidential appointment or was there an election?
    If there was an election I intend to ask for a recount since I certainly DON'T want you speaking for me, as a member of the Public. :noway:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That's the way it plays out in the public eye and, in this case, in the Hispanic community he was busily robbing. It inevitably tarnishes all of the force, even tho they're going to burn this guy. One bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch, for awhile. And, as far as the racial comparison...hate to say it but we see the comparison on a daily basis. All black youths are looked upon with suspicion, even tho the majority are good kids and good citizens. Same can be said about the muslim communities around the world.

A logical person could say the same about police officers.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Just so future readers of this thread know.
    The part in blue was added after I made post #15.
    I don't want people to think that I left out any portion of the original post in my reply.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Yeah, I know it is one of my "brothers". However, I'm going to go ahead and post it up here before someone else does. My e-mail from the dept was not nearly as detailed at 6 news was. Sounds bad. If this is true, let him burn. I did not know him nor work with him. Ugh. So tired of this. So many good officers that do good work every day and this is what we have to show for it.
    Officer Charged With Stealing Money During Traffic Stops - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Yes Denny, but its guys like you that keep us having faith in the men in Blue. Thanks,

Top Bottom