IMPD officer and squad car near Ladoga??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I was headed back home on the bike this afternoon after stopping in Ladoga to get something to drink at the gas station at the edge of town. About 2 miles east of Ladoga on 234 I passed going toward Ladoga an IMPD officer in his squad car.

What in the world is an IMPD officer in his squad car doing clear out there?:dunno: Correct me if I'm wrong but that close to Ladoga I believe he was in Montgomery County.:n00b: Kind of out of his jurisdiction wasn't he?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I have seen an IMPD officer in his squad car, with 3 passengers at the Petsmart in Noblesville before. He was in plain clothes and not OCing or anything visible. But it was a fully marked patrol car, it looked old.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was headed back home on the bike this afternoon after stopping in Ladoga to get something to drink at the gas station at the edge of town. About 2 miles east of Ladoga on 234 I passed going toward Ladoga an IMPD officer in his squad car.

What in the world is an IMPD officer in his squad car doing clear out there?:dunno: Correct me if I'm wrong but that close to Ladoga I believe he was in Montgomery County.:n00b: Kind of out of his jurisdiction wasn't he?

We can drive our cars anywhere in the state, and sometimes neighboring states if given permission. He could have been in that area for court or training. I have been to Anderson for an arrest I made in Indy, and I have driven my car to Crane NSWC for training. If he didn't have permission, he's gonna pay for it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have seen an IMPD officer in his squad car, with 3 passengers at the Petsmart in Noblesville before. He was in plain clothes and not OCing or anything visible. But it was a fully marked patrol car, it looked old.

We can drive our cars in Marion county or any of the counties that share a border with Marion County with no special permission needed. We can also have passengers.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I've seen a marked Grand Rapids PD car in Indy/Carmel. They were here for training.

I saw a marked Carmel PD car at McCormick's Creek.

I see Ingalls PD often and especially Lawrence PD cars in Carmel almost everyday.

They get take-home cars, I assume if they go out long distance on personal business, then they cover gas themselves.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I've seen a marked Grand Rapids PD car in Indy/Carmel. They were here for training.

I saw a marked Carmel PD car at McCormick's Creek.

I see Ingalls PD often and especially Lawrence PD cars in Carmel almost everyday.

They get take-home cars, I assume if they go out long distance on personal business, then they cover gas themselves.

Carmel and Westfield used to be able to take their cars anywhere in the state. Not sure if they still can.

Last week I saw a Henderson or Hendersonville, North Carolina PD marked Ford SUV at Ohio/West in downtown Indy. No idea what he was doing here.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Could be dozens of reasons.

Coming back from testifying in court in another county on a probation violation.

Training/seminar/lecture.

Meeting with feds (they stash witnesses out in the boondocks).

Coming back from state park on family vacation if he has take home car.

Picking up records on an emergency run.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rabbits?

In a medium sized city which rhymes with Rabbeytte, 40 years ago or so, there would be "Board of Director" meetings in which the night shift of the PD of this city would go off on patrol and shoot rabbits with .22s and field improvised suppressors (often in neighborhoods[!]). While the rabbits were being prepared, there would be much cigar smoking and card playing.

Never forget those stories and miss the men that told them to me.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Rabbits?

In a medium sized city which rhymes with Rabbeytte, 40 years ago or so, there would be "Board of Director" meetings in which the night shift of the PD of this city would go off on patrol and shoot rabbits with .22s and field improvised suppressors (often in neighborhoods[!]). While the rabbits were being prepared, there would be much cigar smoking and card playing.

Never forget those stories and miss the men that told them to me.

That was probably before there was butthurt about things like that occurring. I have heard plenty of old school cops' stories that amaze me.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Thanks, and is living in Marion County just for emergency availability? Do they have to notify someone if they leave the state on their day off or anything then?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That was probably before there was butthurt about things like that occurring. I have heard plenty of old school cops' stories that amaze me.

The past is a different country.

My other favorite stories include shooting rats at a grain elevator on the Wabash River and the "I had to shoot this rat in this lady's toilet".:laugh:

Top Bottom