I'm so fing pissed i can't see straight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    So I live out in a rual area on enough land to let my two German Shepherds run free. They are both big dogs. close to 100 lbs. We have an understanding with the meter reader that they signal when they come to read the meter so we can put the dogs up. If we are gone then they are in the house so it doesn;t matter. Well today i see a car come down the drive way. I head out the front door to see the meter reader spray Max our youngest from inside her car with pepper spray. He is like 5 feet from her car just standing there not barking or anything. So he runs around back yelping and she gets out of her car and tells me I need to control my dog. At this point I snapped. I called her every name in the book. Told her to get the hell off my property. At this point she tells me I can't restrict her access to my meter and points her pepper spray at me. After I tell her how spraying my with pepper spray onmy property after I told her over and over is going to end she gets back in her car and is gone. So I have to hold Max down and wash him off cause he is running circles in the back about 100mph. Man hat stuf burns. I got it all over me trying to get him up to the hose. After he is all better I get on them phone with the electric company. I tell them what happened and I guess she called in first lol. Come to find out she was filling in for someone else. By the end of the phone call my bill is covered this month and she won't be back ever. And the are aware that the next timethis happens the meter reader will be taking a bath in pepper spray. My dogs are not mean and never have been. Maybe it's time to teach them howto deal with strangers.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    I've got two german shepherds too, and would be just as pissed as you without a doubt. I'd say you handled yourself well.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    SHE threatened YOU. On your property. After assaulting your dogs and refusing to leave when asked? And she wasn't arrested?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Wow, you have more restraint than I. If someone comes onto my property, sprays my dog and threatens to spray me, they're getting laid the f out, gender be damned.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    sorry about max hope he's alright. and glad things worked out well on the business end for you.
    This

I've got two german shepherds too, and would be just as pissed as you without a doubt. I'd say you handled yourself well.
    This
    Dang bud sorry to hear that happend, but more importantly glad your dog is ok!
    This
    SHE threatened YOU. On your property. After assaulting your dogs and refusing to leave when asked? And she wasn't arrested?
    A lot of this
    YES, I also hope both you and Max are ok .....

Wow, you have more restraint than I. If someone comes onto my property, sprays my dog and threatens to spray me, they're getting laid the f out, gender be damned.
    Good serving of this too

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    No words are needed. Sounds like you handled things the best you could. I'm not so sure many of us, including myself, could have restrained ourselves as well.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It would be one thing if someone was on foot felt threatened by a dog and took defensive action, but for crying out loud, all she need do is wind up the window.

Filling in for another or not, that lack of good judgement should be reason enough to terminate her employment.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    wtf..this world has gone down the drain...im not sure my 22 yr old ass can deal with allthe b.s. it might be a sad life for me

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    wow, sorry to hear for your dog, and so glad you were able to handle it better then i would say 99% of the people on here. Myself included.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That is just ridiculous! Dog not even barking and she was still in her car! Absolutely no need to spray. And then to threaten you after all of that! :xmad:

Good job restraining yourself the best you could! Very glad to hear Max is ok. :ingo:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    So she just sprayed your dog totally unprovoked? Thats kind of far fetched if you ask me
    happens more than you'd think. substitute mail carrier pepper sprayed my basset when trying to deliver a package to the house. Since that day they leave a card saying I have a package and I haven't seen that carrier here again. We put the mailbox at the fence years ago so they didn't have to come in, more we were afraid someone wouldn't latch the gate when they left because the dogs would lick them to death.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So.... Pepper spray works on big dogs.

And..that really sucks man, sorry all that happened. Hope the dog recovers.

Top Bottom