I'm so fing pissed i can't see straight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sir, you are a saint. If this had taken place in my yard in the order you describe, I would have handled it far differently. +1 to you sir. She should be in jail or hospitalized. I know the latter is not PC acceptable but do not point any thing at anyone in anger. You stand a strong chance of having it surgically removed at a later time.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The way our farm and yard is layed out they would not have any interaction with our animals (other than being able to see them) unless they made a deliberate effort to get to them. Those that have legitimate business come to the house, not jump a fence and go in the other direction toward the animals. And if they did that and assualted our animals then yes they would be confronted by us. If someone shoots at them from the road (yes, this has happened in the past as well) then our house is their backstop and I would take that as a direct threat/assult and will act accordingly.

For argument's sake, lets say that one of your animals did find its way out from behind the fence......then what?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    For argument's sake, lets say that one of your animals did find its way out from behind the fence......then what?

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Leading the witness.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    You stop by sometime and I will be glad to show you just how it played out. You can be the dog and I will play the part of the meter reader.

Yeah Im sure that will accomplish a lot. Adds a lot of merit to your arguement too. Out of curiousity did you sign a contract with this company to allow them access to your meter? If your dog is threatening them when they try to read THEIR meter are you not breaching your contract? You act like they don't have a right to be on your property.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah Im sure that will accomplish a lot. Adds a lot of merit to your arguement too. Out of curiousity did you sign a contract with this company to allow them access to your meter? If your dog is threatening them when they try to read THEIR meter are you not breaching your contract? You act like they don't have a right to be on your property.

They can be on his property to do their job, he has a problem when a cowardice woman shoots a calm dog in the face with pepper spray from the comfort of her big solid climate controled car

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem

I did sign a contract and we had everything worked out fine. It was worked for the last 4 years without a problem. The point you don't want to understand is that my do wasn't threatening her. He was standing there the same as he does with any other car. Are you saying that you would feel a threat from a GSD if you were sitting in a car with the windows up? You do know they lack thumbs witch makes it impossibe for them to open your car door. They are not bears so it's not like they are going to brake your window and pull you out. BTW I don't have an arguement either. See I pay the bills so things tend to go how I say they will. And yes my dogs have more right to run around MY property than any stranger. The only reason we have anything worked out with the electric company is because we know when they are coming. People stop by without warning and never have an issue either.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    If she did spray your dog totally unprovoked I understand and I would be upset too. Im just saying not everything you read on the internet is true and/or the full story and thats when you got your panties in a bunch.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    OP, the GSD that doesn't get defensive when a stranger enters its territory, especially in a rural area, where traffic is not frequent, is a rare animal. Not saying you have the only one in existence, but there are definitely no more than two.

Completely unsolicited advice, but two loose GSDs are a big liability even in a rural area. You should consider controlling your animals lest they hurt someone or someone's livestock.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    OP, the GSD that doesn't get defensive when a stranger enters its territory, especially in a rural area, where traffic is not frequent, is a rare animal. Not saying you have the only one in existence, but there are definitely no more than two.

Completely unsolicited advice, but two loose GSDs are a big liability even in a rural area. You should consider controlling your animals lest they hurt someone or someone's livestock.

Both of my dogs have been trained to accept cars comign down the driveway as the normal. I didn't just buy two dogs and turn them loose to do what they want.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I can show you at least a Dozen GSDs in my Rural Area that are well mannered and reasonable dogs, as long as you act like a reasonable adult...
    GSDs are no more Liability than any dog, and actually considered a very well behaved dog by most...

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    It happens. Lots of people who fear dogs will do stupid proactive (vs reactive) things if they think a dog is going to be an aggressor. Those types of people can't read the difference between "I'm playing" and "I'm protecting" (or even just "Hey, meter-reader-lady...'sup?")...
    Unfortunately, people can be asshats....
    As always you crack me up with your post.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I can show you at least a Dozen GSDs in my Rural Area that are well mannered and reasonable dogs, as long as you act like a reasonable adult...

So I, an uninvited stranger, can walk up all the way to the doorstep without being checked by the dogs?

GSDs are no more Liability than any dog, and actually considered a very well behaved dog by most...

It's been a long day for me. Please enlighten me how two loose Chihuahuas can be just as much a liability as two loose GSDs. Two GSDs can kill livestock or people or run deer or run out on the street and do some damage if hit by a car. What Chihuahua has the capability for that sort of damage?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So I, an uninvited stranger, can walk up all the way to the doorstep without being checked by the dogs?
    Actually, yes with the 2 at my house.
    The 4 at my Mother's will make quite bit of noise, that is how they are trained though. Mom is hard of hearing and often will not notice a car pull into her driveway.
    The 3 at my friends house will, allow you to walk up to the door to the house just not to his barn though.

So yes you can walk all the way to the door and knock.

My Aunts Chihuahuas are far more aggressive than my GSDs...

It's been a long day for me. Please enlighten me how two loose Chihuahuas can be just as much a liability as two loose GSDs. Two GSDs can kill livestock or people or run deer or run out on the street and do some damage if hit by a car. What Chihuahua has the capability for that sort of damage?
    Now you are picking fly**** out of pepper... :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You do realize that the Mexican rat dog used to run in packs and take small animals and occasionally children in old mexico. They are by nature very aggressive. One useless breed but that is only my opinion so do as you will.
    My uncle had a GSD that would allow you in the house. You could walk around at will until you tried to leave. Everything changed for you when you treid to egress, not happening un-less he or aunt hildy said you could leave, seriously great dog.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Some folks seem willing to go there to make a pointless point. No slam intended, I too have had an exceptionally long day dealing with the general public....Sucks.
    Long days all around right now, and about to get worse. We are going to start planting on Monday, barring no complications. I am down to my last 7,500 Bushels of Corn (approx). My days have been starting well before the Sun and lasting after it has called it a day, moving 1,100 Bu at a time... ;)

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem

What you refuse to understand is that dogs can be trained to do or act any way you want them to. To lump all GSD's together because of one bad one just doesn't work. Buy your logic you are as bad as all the people who can kill or steal because you are human.

Top Bottom