I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My goodness that would be a nightmare.
    I was a member over there under another handle. I contributed and I am sure a few knew who I was. The Ingo hate was intense. It calmed down but this would be the night of the living dead.
    It would spark up the forum for a while.....:cool:

Yep, same here. I checked it out after CIB & GT88 bought the farm. I liked the garden threads & the tech advice when needed. I'd never heard of the place until then. Thought it would be a nice to check out as another option in the state. Created an account (used a different name as well) and poked around. I wasn't really impressed. There was lots of butthurt, insults & general nastiness. I felt like I had changed the channel from Frasier to Maury. I made a few posts, read stuff, it didn't take long before I decided it wasn't for me.

For those that haven't spent any time over there you really missed an eye opening opportunity. I don't want to see INGO ever go in that direction, that's why I'm glad to see the rules the way they are. Most members here are civil & respectful, over there they went out of their way to be the opposite. What was it they told the new members? Something along the lines of 'you're not a regular until you've been told to **** off at least 5 times.' Don't remember exactly but that's close.

If it was INGO that went down and INS was my only other option for a local forum, I wouldn't belong to one.

Still think it would be classic to redirect it back to INGO. Heck I'll spring for the first years fee. Kind of like HillaryClinton.com & BernieSanders.com redirecting to a single laughing gif of Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, same here. I checked it out after CIB & GT88 bought the farm. I liked the garden threads & the tech advice when needed. I'd never heard of the place until then. Thought it would be a nice to check out as another option in the state. Created an account (used a different name as well) and poked around. I wasn't really impressed. There was lots of butthurt, insults & general nastiness. I felt like I had changed the channel from Frasier to Maury. I made a few posts, read stuff, it didn't take long before I decided it wasn't for me.

For those that haven't spent any time over there you really missed an eye opening opportunity. I don't want to see INGO ever go in that direction, that's why I'm glad to see the rules the way they are. Most members here are civil & respectful, over there they went out of their way to be the opposite. What was it they told the new members? Something along the lines of 'you're not a regular until you've been told to **** off at least 5 times.' Don't remember exactly but that's close.

If it was INGO that went down and INS was my only other option for a local forum, I wouldn't belong to one.

Still think it would be classic to redirect it back to INGO. Heck I'll spring for the first years fee. Kind of like HillaryClinton.com & BernieSanders.com redirecting to a single laughing gif of Trump.

I will find you. I swear I will.....:laugh6:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've put in a request to purchase. Now to see what they counter with.
    Dan

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Man, I completely forgot about the "other" site! I was a member there, and posted a few times, but I can't even remember the last time I logged in there. I never had any run ins with anyone over there, actually liked quite a few of them, and didn't really notice the place being too bad, but then again, I didn't spend much time there.

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown
    I totally understand the purpose of this 50 post rule. However, it kinda does suck. I have been searching for a few nice places to comment in these forums, but as soon as I find one that I can actually contribute to (a review of a LGS), I was denied the ability to express how great their service was. Oh well.

...One more post done...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I totally understand the purpose of this 50 post rule. However, it kinda does suck. I have been searching for a few nice places to comment in these forums, but as soon as I find one that I can actually contribute to (a review of a LGS), I was denied the ability to express how great their service was. Oh well.

...One more post done...

So what's the purpose of the rule? What does it accomplish and why is it important?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

...One more post done...

I would ask what thread and why you were denied unless you were advertising for them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

...One more post done...

SSSSooooooo Dimitrivich, or should I say, COMRADE Dimitrivich from Noblesgrad?? I'll be keeping an eye on you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom