• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    There is a small but growing Cadre on the GOP side, generally referred to as the MAGA or America first.
    Guys like Matt Geatz...they need our support, finacialy, materially and spiritually....find candidates you agree with and help them.
    It may not mean much but if you call and write.....and we do it by the thousands it could make a difference.
    Protest....go to school board meeting. Don't be afraid to speak out, ridicule and disagree with the communist democrats at every level.
    90miles2bfcaf31807d0364170b4c141e468e76_8aa6ed9f_400.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm convinced that the Republican Party leadership is more interested remaining 'the loyal opposition' (and the fat paychecks) than actually representing we, the people.
    In 1995, the Republicans took control of the house for the first time in 40 years. Rush Limbaugh said the exact same thing about the GOP then. So this isn’t new.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I recently read a quote that said the Republican Party believes its future lies in appeasing the Democrat opposition instead of satisfying its own constituents.

Here's the kicker... the quote is from a book about post-Civil War Reconstruction and the party abandoning the issues that got it elected during the 1870's. Sounds familiar doesn't it!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think we should just bitch about all politicians being the same. If we get really good at that, we won't really have to do anything else about it, right? ;)
    Make fun of people talking about possible solutions, but when somebody actually tries something, say it’s domestic terrorism. J6.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I like this. This is one of the few places where I have found political discourse that actually attempts to pose solutions. I personally think that there needs to be a concerted effort to attract younger, articulate voters through a direct appeal to the common sense rhetoric that used to define the GOP. To the majority of of the educated population it has become stigmatized to affiliate with republicanism. And rightfully so considering the way it has been highjacked by rightwing nut-job who are disconnected from the real world. I would also show exactly how the minority population has been manipulated into voting for a democratic party that is equally as responsible (if not more responsible) for the issues which affect it (as is the GOP). In essence the republican party just needs modernized. The majority of the population is not nearly as stupid as they seem or are treated as by the current government. There is also enough distain for both parties that; if an intelligent, considerate, fair minded republican candidate who embraced the modern challenges of the county in a direct but also understanding way were to come about; the disillusioned members of our society would hop on he or she like a bum on a bologna sandwich. And there are many people who fall into that category. The young people need a leader of action, they have only seen actors in the oval office. Minorities need a leader who can empathize. Their issues have never aptly been addressed (even thought the democrats always say they will fix them to get elected). And the conservative base needs a respectable professional who wont be pushed around and is willing to make the unpopular decision if it stands to benefit the county.....but thats just how I feel. My dad didnt send me to harvard like his dad before him so I guess i will just work for a living.
    I can appreciate your lengthy attempt to give your opinion about what you feel needs to be done. Can you maybe give a few specific examples of the modern-day issues which need to be addressed that the Republican party is currently falling short of on addressing in order to make the disillusioned want to "hop on the bun?"

Not trying to put you on the spot. I'm just curious about some specific issues and how much of a contrast it would be to what the Democrat party is doing that is currently enticing the "bologna and the ham".

Mind you that I'm not trying to mock your post by using your phraseology. Actually, I found it to be a bit humorous otherwise my question to you was sincere in nature to try and get a better feel for the kind of modern-day issues you are thinking about and how they should be addressed and what your vision of a modernized Republican Party platform should be.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Supporting people like Young, Graham, and McConnell “because they are better than the alternative “ is what has created this mess. Along with the “they can’t win, your just helping the other side” mentality. can’t forget the deflection of “what have you done to change the choices” mantra. Sometimes you need to force a collapse to actually get change. Sometimes you even have to pay a price for that. We have too many that would rather actively give an inch for fear of loosing a mile. That my friends is the inevitable slow walk to communism.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He IS the establishment now.
    It appears that he's leaning that way. Harmeet Dhillon was a staunch Trump supporter, and she most certainly is not establishment which is most certainly why the establishment caucus re-elected McDaniel.

That should tell anyone everything they need to know about where the RNC's allegiance lies.

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    We need to start building the gallows.
    Be careful about calling for blood. It won't stop with just the bad people.
    Read a tale of two cities or at least the cliffs notes. The French revolution started by throwing out the oppressors, and then the mob itself became oppressive to the citizens it was supposed to liberate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The establishment controls the RNC right now which is why I don't support the RNC with my donations and I let them know why when they try to solicit me for a donation. I can only control where my donations and support go and that is to individual Republican candidates across the country.

Top Bottom