I'm calling for Universal Background Checks and a Federal Registry for DRIVERS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    It seems this man intentionally used his car to plow through a crowd of people clearly intending to kill or injure as many as possible:
    Hit-and-run crash at Venice Beach Boardwalk kills 1 - CNN.com

I'm starting the call for:

1) Universal background checks for anyone attempting to purchase an automobile or obtain or renew a driver's license.
    2) Federal law requiring soft materials on the front of all new cars.
    3) Ban on the use of automobiles in sensitive places, auto-free zones around schools, government buildings, police stations, etc.
    4) Limits on the amount of fuel that can be purchased at one time.

I'm open to any other ideas from fellow INGO members that will enhance the safety of the public in the face of the menace of automobiles in private hands.

Remember, when cars are outlawed only outlaws will have cars!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I call for the placement of smart chips be placed into cars so we can track them and record the data reflecting how the car has been driven. That would surely reduce crimes involving automobiles and we could track down the offenders after the deed.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    All cars should be built on the Volkswagen Beetle floor pan, powered by batteries (for the environment) with bodies made by Nerf. Maybe then we would be safe from the killer cars that are on the road.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Why stop there?

1. Driving a tacky car is a class A misdemeanor.
    2. You may only use a car within 1000 feet of ANY child if you are picking them up/dropping them off.
    3. All cars must be outfitted with Federal government approved styrofoam bumpers.
    4. You may purchase only one car a year after extensive background checks, and content of character letters written by 15 non-family members in your state.
    5. Cruise control is only permitted for speeds no more than 15 mph

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I call for the placement of smart chips be placed into cars so we can track them and record the data reflecting how the car has been driven. That would surely reduce crimes involving automobiles and we could track down the offenders after the deed.
    Progressive has something like that to lower your insurance rates it plugs into your Data link Connector and will record your speed

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    It seems this man intentionally used his car to plow through a crowd of people clearly intending to kill or injure as many as possible:

1) Universal background checks for anyone attempting to purchase an automobile or obtain or renew a driver's license.
    3) Ban on the use of automobiles in sensitive places, auto-free zones around schools, government buildings, police stations, etc.

I'm open to any other ideas from fellow INGO members that will enhance the safety of the public in the face of the menace of automobiles in private hands.

So how many people got killed in this event again?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

The first politician who sees a future in doing something like this won't hesitate.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Of course I was being entirely sarcastic in posting this. Yes, this was a tragedy but there are NO calls from the media, policitians, even CALIFORNIA communists where this happened to BAN CARS! Why not? There are NO constitutional protections for the "right to keep and drive cars" are there? Surely the founders of our nation NEVER imagined that cars would be roaming our streets killing people! We need to rid out streets of these violent devices and return to a safer more civilized society where people rely on walking for transportation. Nobody NEEDS a gas-guzzling/carbon-emitting/extremely dangerous automobile.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    careful...dont give them anymore ideas....some people out there would likely not realize that youre being facetious

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    It's time to limit fuel tank volume to 1 gallon.
    Who needs more than that???

There are cars that can get 50+ MPG. Who needs to go that far without stopping and cooling off their temper? We should restrict cars to no more than 6 miles between refills.

Should we really be flooding our streets with vehicles designed for LeMans?

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Um, they already have a registry and background check... it's called a driver's license... you can't buy a car without one, at least, not legally...

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Um, they already have a registry and background check... it's called a driver's license... you can't buy a car without one, at least, not legally...

tumblr_m5rbn39SHo1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Top Bottom