• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    An ICE Form I-200 is an arrest warrant commanding the receiver to be taken into custody. It's issued by an ICE agent for probable cause.
    In my silly deluded mind it seems that someone presenting their own arrest warrant to a TSA officer should be taken into custody by the nearest law enforcement officer. But no, they are allowed to board the aircraft.

15 years ago we would have all laughed at such an impossible policy.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    An ICE Form I-200 is an arrest warrant commanding the receiver to be taken into custody. It's issued by an ICE agent for probable cause.
    In my silly deluded mind it seems that someone presenting their own arrest warrant to a TSA officer should be taken into custody by the nearest law enforcement officer. But no, they are allowed to board the aircraft.

15 years ago we would have all laughed at such an impossible policy.

Depends, you can get a citation for a misdemeanor which tells you when to appear in court. That is technically an arrest. These warrants are for a civil arrest, not the same as a traffic ticket but works similar. You are given the warrant and told to appear at a certain place, iirc that place is any ICE office which will then tell you when your court date will be. That is my basic understanding of how it works. I could be way off though.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    These warrants are for a civil arrest, not the same as a traffic ticket but works similar. You are given the warrant and told to appear at a certain place, iirc that place is any ICE office which will then tell you when your court date will be.
    You may be right, I'm not familiar with immigration law but an attorney I know once bragged that he makes a lot of money by reading the instructions on forms. That's why I looked up and attached the form that ICE admits to accepting as ID.

It commands the server to "arrest and take into custody" the person on the warrant. It's not a criminal warrant but doesn't simply set a court date either.

Just a big friggin' mess.

1645456326825.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Depends, you can get a citation for a misdemeanor which tells you when to appear in court. That is technically an arrest. These warrants are for a civil arrest, not the same as a traffic ticket but works similar. You are given the warrant and told to appear at a certain place, iirc that place is any ICE office which will then tell you when your court date will be. That is my basic understanding of how it works. I could be way off though.
    Next question: Do you think TSA would allow you to use your traffic ticket as identification to board a commercial airline flight? How about any other first world country?

Do you think SPB should let you use that as ID to shoot on their range? :whistle:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You may be right, I'm not familiar with immigration law but an attorney I know once bragged that he makes a lot of money by reading the instructions on forms. That's why I looked up and attached the form that ICE admits to accepting as ID.

It commands the server to "arrest and take into custody" the person on the warrant. It's not a criminal warrant but doesn't simply set a court date either.

Just a big friggin' mess.

View attachment 183072
    Yep, but the server is restricted to an immigration officer authorized under a couple of sections of US code. Not just any law enforcement. And they would have had to have gotten the warrant from an immigration officer. Basically the illegal gets stopped/turned themself in, a warrant gets issued, a immigration officer serves the warrant, takes them into custody and then releases them with a copy of the warrant with instructions to present themselves to a local ICE office. Once again IANAL and this is my very basic understanding.

Next question: Do you think TSA would allow you to use your traffic ticket as identification to board a commercial airline flight? How about any other first world country?

Do you think SPB should let you use that as ID to shoot on their range? :whistle:
    1st Nope. No way in hell. And never said I agreed with the policy. Just trying to explain to the best of my limited ability how it works.

2nd what SPD does is their own business, I've been to an indoor range a time or two and never had to show any ID unless I was renting a gun or a time or two buying ammo. But I've never been to SPB so...

Top Bottom