• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    I would like to try hunting them. I wonder if they taste good. He really didn’t answer what they taste like.
    Deer meat for dinner on YouTube prepares them a few times and he says they are good.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Me: Why would anyone go to Florida?

15 minutes later me: I should check into this.

me: you know honey maybe you're right...we should maybe take that trip down to Florida.....

Argentine: You hate beaches....every time we went to L.A. you would curse the Beach Boys and the Ventura's for not mentioning the water of the Pacific is cold as hell and the riptide warnings are not a joke...if not for those surfers in Malibu telling you how to "body surf" a wave back to the shore your bones would be washed up on a beach in Japan somewhere.....

me: there are things that can get me back to a beach....

Argentine: Like what????

me: border work....doing my part to stem the tide.....

1699890651914.png

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Put your guns away, just wait until a cold snap hits...........
    Ammo costs too much lol......

You will have to knife them, they will wake up and run off when it warms back up.

Scuba591

Expert
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I would like to try hunting them. I wonder if they taste good. He really didn’t answer what they taste like.
    I ate them when I was vacationing in Bonaire. Kinda tough meat… sadly it was slathered in a brown gravy so the taste was hard to figure out

Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    This was on my list of to do's in October. I was west coast of south Florida. Wasn't much hunting, or specifically guided hunting for igs. Locals claimed there were a some iguanas around but not much of an industry or opportunity to hunt them. I did not see any igs either. I was told it was an east coast activity, mostly.

W3s

Plinker
    Apr 16, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I lived in coastal southeast Florida for years, those iguanas were literally everywhere. I always thought they were super cool, even tried to keep one as a pet. I didn't watch the video posted above by bigmoose.... but I see the title, and will testify its true... those suckers would literally drop out of trees and scare the crap out of you.
    I didn't realize they were an invasive species at the time... hunting them would have been pretty fun

Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I've owned a couple of iguanas as pets. I really enjoy them. I like their size, color and diposition. If one takes the time to handle the animal from a young age, they become rather docile when handled. Having said that, I totally thinking shooting one (or a bunch) out of a tree with an air-rifle would be a blast!

Reactions: W3s
    Top Bottom