• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Golly, who could have seen higher taxes coming? I'm sure we'll all get our money's worth.

In before we hear "you didn't earn that" from Biden
    Take note of every Biden supporting ********** who told you "No, Biden's tax plan isn't going to raise YOUR taxes. He is only raising taxes on wealthy people." Then when your taxes go up you have a list of people to punch in the mouth.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Talk about killing incentives to invest in a retirement account but maybe that's the plan, make people more dependent on a Dem controlled government just to survive in your old age.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Anyone know what percentage of the stock and bond market are retirement savings? I am guessing a fairly large chunk. What happens when that percentage is taken out all at once by our dear leaders?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have a feeling that I'm going to be very glad over the next four years that 2/3 of my retirement is currently tied up in an ESOP.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

She raised eyebrows of some senators and Wall Street when she said that Treasury would consider the possibility of taxing unrealized capital gains - through a “mark-to-market” mechanism - as well as other approaches to boost revenues.

A cynic might translate that to: "This is going to be someone else's problem when we're no longer in office"

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Talk about killing incentives to invest in a retirement account but maybe that's the plan, make people more dependent on a Dem controlled government just to survive in your old age.
    Now you're catching on.

Anything they can do to get the maximum number of people plugged into the system. The entire entitlement system is built on this goal.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Take note of every Biden supporting ********** who told you "No, Biden's tax plan isn't going to raise YOUR taxes. He is only raising taxes on wealthy people." Then when your taxes go up you have a list of people to punch in the mouth.
    But this will only affect the wealthy!

I've lived long enough to know that "their" definition of "the wealthy" is anyone who makes enough to support themselves and their family without gub'ment help. (no purple)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You voted for Biden. Please explain to me why you are entitled to the money I have saved and invested.
    I voted against Trump. I disagree with Biden on the vast majority of his policies. I just happen to think Trump was even worse.

I'm not entitled to your savings and investments, and I don't want them.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    "Teasury would consider the possibility of taxing unrealized capital gains - through a “mark-to-market” mechanism - as well as other approaches to boost revenues."

Ughhhh; WTF???

is she suggesting the government will just make up a number to be your capital gains, and then tax you on that?

I wonder if all of those communist idiots who voted for these thieving redistributionist fools are starting to get that uneasy feeling in the pit of their stomach that they might not end up as rich as they thought they were.

Wow.

I can see that crashing the market very quickly. I wonder where the assets will go when the market is no longer viable through taxation?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    she suggesting the government will just make up a number to be your capital gains, and then tax you on that?
    I could be way off here, but I think this is what Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren were suggesting at the start of the pandemic when they got all riled up about Jeff Bezos.

Here is the Bezos example. Let's say his net worth is $30 billion at the start of the pandemic. Then lock downs kick in and people start flocking to Amazon. Because Bezos owns so much of the company his total valuation goes up (on paper) to $35 billion because it's performing so much better and more people are using it.

Sanders and Warren were screaming that he should be taxed on that $5 billion gain, even though he never cashed out any of the assets he was holding. He hasn't sold anything to trigger the capital gains tax, but they want a piece anyway. Never mind that his net worth probably goes up and down daily, and if the company were to crash for some reason his value could drop significantly.

It's like forcing someone to pax capital gains tax on a baseball card that went up in value from $5 to $5,000 over time, even though the person hasn't actually seen any gains yet because they haven't sold it.

Again, I could be talking out of my backside, but I know Sanders and Warren have pushed this idea.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I could be way off here, but I think this is what Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren were suggesting at the start of the pandemic when they got all riled up about Jeff Bezos.

Here is the Bezos example. Let's say his net worth is $30 billion at the start of the pandemic. Then lock downs kick in and people start flocking to Amazon. Because Bezos owns so much of the company his total valuation goes up (on paper) to $35 billion because it's performing so much better and more people are using it.

Sanders and Warren were screaming that he should be taxed on that $5 billion gain, even though he never cashed out any of the assets he was holding. He hasn't sold anything to trigger the capital gains tax, but they want a piece anyway. Never mind that his net worth probably goes up and down daily, and if the company we're to crash for some reason his value could drop significantly.

It's like forcing someone to pax capital gains tax on a baseball card that went up in value from $5 to $5,000 over time, even though the person hasn't actually seen any gains yet because they haven't sold it.

Again, I could be talking out of my ass, but I know Sanders and Warren have pushed this idea.
    No, I think you're dead on.

This is what you get whenever the politicians have worked nearly no honest days in their lives. They are professional politicians / bureaucrats who have never produced anything of value. Their entire worldview is, you have stuff and because I am in the government it should be mine.

And ostensibly a majority of the population of a majority of the states elected these ****bags to govern them. It doesn't help that they're recycling the same worthless slime balls from the last two democratic administrations, who have only gotten farther to the left in the intervening years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now you're catching on.

Anything they can do to get the maximum number of people plugged into the system. The entire entitlement system is built on this goal.
    I'm not sure that's a thought out goal. I think it's more that Lefties think that people have all this money in their retirement accounts and that's not fair. So take their money, put it in the pot, and redistribute it. I think that's more realistically their goal, at least the lefties I've heard talk about it.

Top Bottom