• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    True...in today's world it takes more than $1K to really get anything nice. I stuck with the M-1 Garand with this thread, mainly because of it's historic value!

Heck I don't know if you can get a decent condition M-1 for 1K unless you go by way of CMP. I've wanted and looked at quite a few M-1's and IIRC $1200 was about the best price I found for one in VG condition. But I'm no expert at finding good bargains on such heavily sought after WW-II firearms.

Fireball1394

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Northeast Indiana
    Serbu RN50. I actually do have just over $1000 saved for a new firearm, and with Serbu offering a .50 BMG for $875, it was simply to sweet a deal to pass up. Sure it's a single shot modified break action with a threaded breech, but I don't think I'll ever see a .50 BMG sell for anything near that price.

Now had that not been announced at SHOT this year, I'd probably go with a Remington 700. My brother has one and it's just a flawless rifle, and everyone seems to love em.

batmunch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I would probably spend $800 to build a .300BLK SBR and then the other $200 on the tax stamp. I realize that $800 isn't that much in the way of "name brand" parts, but I'm patient :popcorn:

Top Bottom