If Obama gets more stimulus checks issued...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SO, why not give us another "stimulas? What's a few hundred $'s per person?

Becuase in the long term stimulas checks to the American people DO NOT work. They have never worked! History has shown that either a) American's save the money or b) use it to pay off debt they have.

Yes some will spend the check on "other stuff" by the vast majority will not. In addition by the time the people do get the check the economy's hard part has past. Case in point why has gas done down so much?

It's not like WE (US) did anything yet gas prices somehow magically have dropped? Hum...

Now money to build roads/fix bridges that DOES spur the economy buta bit slower.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Becuase in the long term stimulas checks to the American people DO NOT work. They have never worked! History has shown that either a) American's save the money or b) use it to pay off debt they have.

Yes some will spend the check on "other stuff" by the vast majority will not. In addition by the time the people do get the check the economy's hard part has past. Case in point why has gas done down so much?

It's not like WE (US) did anything yet gas prices somehow magically have dropped? Hum...

Now money to build roads/fix bridges that DOES spur the economy buta bit slower.

I agree, but it seems that most of us are still paying for others to benefit.
    I understand what you are saying. Yes, we do need to get those people who lost their job back to work, but the debt will just get larger because "they' will need more money to pay for all that Obama says he wants to do.

How many of those who get those jobs will be women? I know that more women are working in those types of jobs, but not enough. (And how many would want to work those types of jobs?) And what about those who are older (50+?). Where are the jobs for the older person? Employers want younger people. (Yes, age discrimination still exists.)

I will be 59 in a couple months. If I lost my job (which is only part-time), I would be SOL! (Especially in the area where I live - business closing all the time - ghost town scene) There are thousands who are worse off than I.
    How will they benefit? My children are grown. What about those who have children and have to "live on the streets"? Will they benefit?
    It just doesn't go far enough. (In fact where has the money gone already?)

What I am trying to say is: They could do both, since we have to pay for it anyway. (With no "Paid in Full! in sight)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I agree, but it seems that most of us are still paying for others to benefit.
    I understand what you are saying. Yes, we do need to get those people who lost their job back to work, but the debt will just get larger because "they' will need more money to pay for all that Obama says he wants to do.

How many of those who get those jobs will be women? I know that more women are working in those types of jobs, but not enough. (And how many would want to work those types of jobs?) And what about those who are older (50+?). Where are the jobs for the older person? Employers want younger people. (Yes, age discrimination still exists.)

I'm not saying it wll work. It won't in the long run. Look at when FDR did it. Sure a lot of work occured but in the long run it did not matter it was not the "government work" that brought the economy back to health. It was CAPITALISM.

Those biz that do bad decisions fail and are laid to rest. New biz appear to give to the customer what they demand and are willing to buy.

Case in point FORD and GM suffer why? Becuase the public wants cars that do 100+ miles per gallon yet they keep giving us something else why Toyota and others are giving us what the customer wants.

Yes in the shorter term the "gov program" will put some people back at working and that will create more side jobs (peopel must eat, cememnt and other materials are needed for the roads, etc..) but ultimately it is the small biz that becomes bigger that creates new jobs that makes the economy healthy.

That only occurs when gov gets the hell out of the way and allows the children to fall and get back up.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm against all this bailout crap... however at least with an infrastructure bailout we'll have something to show for it!

Bush and his cronies continue to eff us over. I say bush and his cronies simply because I expect it from the dems. It's doubly worse when a so called conservative does it IMO.

I hear more and more people saying there is only one way to properly protest this crap. STOP. PAYING. TAXES.

Can't say I can disagree with them at this point. 85% of the people were against the bailout. The other 15% were too stupid to know better. The federal government is totally out of control.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I'm against all this bailout crap... however at least with an infrastructure bailout we'll have something to show for it!

Bush and his cronies continue to eff us over. I say bush and his cronies simply because I expect it from the dems. It's doubly worse when a so called conservative does it IMO.

I hear more and more people saying there is only one way to properly protest this crap. STOP. PAYING. TAXES.

Can't say I can disagree with them at this point. 85% of the people were against the bailout. The other 15% were too stupid to know better. The federal government is totally out of control.

Unfortunately, they didn't listen to WE THE PEOPLE. They wanted to take care of their "friends" and to "heck" with us. If they had to pay for some of it (BIG $'s) out of their own pockets, (or make the offenders pay back much of it and forgo bonuses, etc.) it wouldn't have happened.

Who would get the contracts for the Infrastructure work? How much would the workers get paid? (below minimum wage? You have to do your "patriotic duty and work for peanuts".) There is something about this that doesn't set right with me.
    So many people just don't want to know. They are gulible and expect someone (anyone) else to take care of things so they don't have to be bothered with it. Well, they are being "bothered" now, aren't they!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Actually the gas prices are down for a very good reason.The value of the dollar(and to a much less degree soft demand)is up greatly. That said gas will be 5 dollars a gallon within 12 months.It is simple the more we go into debt the less value the dollar has.The only reason the dollar has been rising in value so much is the sale of US paper(stock mainly). Sell stock=get dollars=greater demand for dollars. With the selling is done and we hit bottom the dollar is going to flat crash,in large part due to the devaluation of borrowing so heavily.And you think 5 dollar gas is bad,wait till you see what a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread will cost.The federal reserve(is a privately owned entity owned by a very few bankers not the federal government)is destroying the dollar and they know it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Heh. You going to stop paying taxes, Prometheus? Good luck with that. You'd be in good company with folks like Willie Nelson, but somehow, I don't think you could play a concert to earn enough to pay it off. Most likely, since you'd then be a felon and couldn't legally own guns, the IRS would just sell yours off and use the proceeds to pay what they say is your debt.

I do agree with you that the bailouts are just crap and that we're the ones being crapped on. Continuing that analogy, though, I have to ask: does it really, honestly matter who's (Bush or Obama or whoever) doing the crapping when it's landing on your head?

Blessings,
    B

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'm not saying it wll work. It won't in the long run. Look at when FDR did it. Sure a lot of work occured but in the long run it did not matter it was not the "government work" that brought the economy back to health. It was CAPITALISM.

Those biz that do bad decisions fail and are laid to rest. New biz appear to give to the customer what they demand and are willing to buy.

Case in point FORD and GM suffer why? Becuase the public wants cars that do 100+ miles per gallon yet they keep giving us something else why Toyota and others are giving us what the customer wants.
    We haven't had free market capitalism in this country in a hudred years or more.

It's not capitalism when the amount you pay for heath care is determined by the amount you are willing to work and as a result the money you earn.

It's not capitalism when the cost for your children to attend college is determined by the amount you are willing to work and or the amount of money you earn.

It's not capitalism when you tax one person's income to subsidise another's house payment because they don't want to work weekends or "couldn't stand to be in a factory all day".

It's not capitalism when you take a third of the pay check from people building tractors and give it to people driving tractors.

It's not capitalism when you tax the homes of people who build tractors at the going rate for housing and then give it to his neighbor not to grow corn.

It's not capitalism when they subsidised GM, Ford, and Chrysler's competition with tax abatements and then paid them to hire unskilled unqualified people by using US autoworker's taxes to train unskilled workers for their competitors.

Now on to your uniformed insinuation Toyota is providing "100 MPG" vehicles and GM is not. Unlike your regurgitation of unfounded propaganda, I'll just stick to facts.

GM offers 20 vehicles that achieve 30mpg or more on the highway. That's more than any other vehicle manufacture.

GM has more than 5 million vehicles capable of using bio-fuel on the road world wide and over 3 million of those are on the road in the United States.

GM offers 6 hybrid vehicles TODAY. 2 additional hybrids will be available in less than a year. That's more hybrid models than ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER.

According to the 2008 Harbour Report, GM leads in manufacturing productivity in 11 of 20 vehicle North Amarican Assembly plants.

GM is the ONLY on to impove year over year overall for the entire history of the annual report, that is the last 15 years.

GM is the world leader in occupational safety. Toyota has an OSHA recordable injury rate 3 time higher than General Motors despite they susidization of Toyatas training through state and local government agencies.

GM has 5 sites in the United States using methane gas recovered from land fills and Toyota has none. One former GM plant is in Indianapolis, Rolls Royce Allison and they have used such recycle fuels such as coal, coal slurry, reclaim oil products and natural gas in the past 10-15 years before their current use of land fill gas.

Facts are good to keep in mind.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Unfortunately, they didn't listen to WE THE PEOPLE. They wanted to take care of their "friends" and to "heck" with us. If they had to pay for some of it (BIG $'s) out of their own pockets, (or make the offenders pay back much of it and forgo bonuses, etc.) it wouldn't have happened.

Who would get the contracts for the Infrastructure work? How much would the workers get paid? (below minimum wage? You have to do your "patriotic duty and work for peanuts".) There is something about this that doesn't set right with me.
    So many people just don't want to know. They are gulible and expect someone (anyone) else to take care of things so they don't have to be bothered with it. Well, they are being "bothered" now, aren't they!

:+1:

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    I hate the terms capitalism and capitalist. Marx invented these words (and they continue to be used as a pejorative by the left) as a way to label and deride one thing -- it's called ECONOMIC FREEDOM.

Last edited:

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    We haven't had free market capitalism in this country in a hudred years or more.

It's not capitalism when the amount you pay for heath care is determined by the amount you are willing to work and as a result the money you earn.

It's not capitalism when the cost for your children to attend college is determined by the amount you are willing to work and or the amount of money you earn.

It's not capitalism when you tax one person's income to subsidise another's house payment because they don't want to work weekends or "couldn't stand to be in a factory all day".

It's not capitalism when you take a third of the pay check from people building tractors and give it to people driving tractors.

It's not capitalism when you tax the homes of people who build tractors at the going rate for housing and then give it to his neighbor not to grow corn.

It's not capitalism when they subsidised GM, Ford, and Chrysler's competition with tax abatements and then paid them to hire unskilled unqualified people by using US autoworker's taxes to train unskilled workers for their competitors.

Now on to your uniformed insinuation Toyota is providing "100 MPG" vehicles and GM is not. Unlike your regurgitation of unfounded propaganda, I'll just stick to facts.

GM offers 20 vehicles that achieve 30mpg or more on the highway. That's more than any other vehicle manufacture.

GM has more than 5 million vehicles capable of using bio-fuel on the road world wide and over 3 million of those are on the road in the United States.

GM offers 6 hybrid vehicles TODAY. 2 additional hybrids will be available in less than a year. That's more hybrid models than ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER.

According to the 2008 Harbour Report, GM leads in manufacturing productivity in 11 of 20 vehicle North Amarican Assembly plants.

GM is the ONLY on to impove year over year overall for the entire history of the annual report, that is the last 15 years.

GM is the world leader in occupational safety. Toyota has an OSHA recordable injury rate 3 time higher than General Motors despite they susidization of Toyatas training through state and local government agencies.

GM has 5 sites in the United States using methane gas recovered from land fills and Toyota has none. One former GM plant is in Indianapolis, Rolls Royce Allison and they have used such recycle fuels such as coal, coal slurry, reclaim oil products and natural gas in the past 10-15 years before their current use of land fill gas.

Facts are good to keep in mind.

Don't forget that a 'failed' GM STILL sells more cars than Toyota, both domestically and worldwide.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Ok I don't know here... But I'm part native american and remember the stories of the trickery and force that ended in the loss of my ancesters land. To me it feels like a buy out. With us haveing no knowalge of the agreement and what we are giving away. Or maybe we are the prostitute getting paid then ****ed without lube by the str8 half of congress.

I for one will be paying bills. As the choice are spend it or burn it. We have no say on this countrys finnancial resolution. Might as well spend it now it wont be worth the paper its printed on later.

Top Bottom