If crime was bad enough, would you vote for martial law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you consider voting for martial law if your town had a terrible crime problem?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In 2008, the City Council of Helena, Arkansas voted unanimously to enforce a 24-hour per day curfew on its town for a week.

Police armed with assault rifles stopped anyone on sight, questioning them, basically infringing any form of constitutional rights that any of us believe we have. Citizens were not allowed to be seen in public!!

24-Hour Curfew in Arkansas Town Raises Ire of ACLU

Crime-Ridden Arkansas Town Expands 24-Hour Curfew

Community declares war on crime-Mayor issues curfew order

So - if your town had a bad crime problem, would you vote to impose martial law? Temporarily, of course. (wink wink)

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    My opinion: Martial law, and the stuff described in that article, would mark the end of the Constitution. All your American rights, that your ancestors fought and died for, would be null and void. Freedom would be dead! There is nothing that would cause me to sell out my countrymen, my ancestors, and my principles. I would never vote to outlaw liberty.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    -Patrick Henry

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Man, that was really a stupid question. I never thought there was such a thing until now. Perhaps that question would be better asked over on the whitehouse snitch website.

It should be a stupid question... but some people value their freedom more than others. If nobody talks about it, then people don't think about it. And we all need to think about it. Given the right terror attack, riot, or something similar, it could easily be something we witness in our lifetimes. A bankrupt country like ours is bound to see some turbulent times.

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I'm under the impression that, as the economy gets worse so will the crime rate. Invest in the Nation and crime will be reduced, it worked before.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It should be a stupid question... but some people value their freedom more than others. If nobody talks about it, then people don't think about it. And we all need to think about it. Given the right terror attack, riot, or something similar, it could easily be something we witness in our lifetimes. A bankrupt country like ours is bound to see some turbulent times.

:yesway:

Top Bottom