I want to buy a new Ankle gun, I need your input! (From Afghanistan)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ok, lets make this fun.... VOTE

• Total voters

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    S&W model 340 I have one for an ankle back up and it weighs something like 11 ounces. I would recomend a revolver for a back up for zero chance of jam and if it has a round malfunction just pull the trigger again.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I ankle carry a G26 on and off duty. I use a fobus ankle holster and have not had a problem with it. While it works best with a pair of boots, I can get it tight enough to wear without shoes at all during summer time.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't ankle carry, but I own a G27. This is the first gun that I owned and still my very favorite. It has the stoppping power with the 40 cal and the size is perfect. Plus, there are a lot of options for extended magazines, etc. to make it feel full size when desired.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    thanks for all your info, I have have worked out a deal with a member, I will be buying the GLOCK 27 I am going to read threw the post and try to find a good holster off of your advise. I am stuck here so, I am just going ot order it from the net and have it sent back home........ thanks again for your help, R

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    thanks for all your info, I have have worked out a deal with a member, I will be buying the GLOCK 27 I am going to read threw the post and try to find a good holster off of your advise. I am stuck here so, I am just going ot order it from the net and have it sent back home........ thanks again for your help, R

Try a Fobus Ankle Holster or the Galco Ankle Glove, both are very comfortable.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I ride a bike most of the year and in many cases carrying a sidearm on a Motorcycle is problematic. I've taken to carry 2 guns that are easy to cover up while on a bike.

My ankle rig is a N. American Arms Guardian .32
    It's a tiny little thing and easy to ankle carry. It's not what I would consider a war fighters gun but it fills the role of "better a little gun than no gun". I load it with Win silvertips and it's 100% reliable.

My main carry gun for on the bike is a Taurus CIA .357 mag. It's stainless, hammerless and while it's somewhat heavy fills the role of belly gun real well. It could also be used for an ankle weight if necessary with the right holster.

I can also recommend the Glock 26 as an ankle rig, so long as you don't have chicken legs.:D

One thing I must say about ankle holsters... spend the money to get a good one! There's nothing more embarrassing than watching your ankle piece fall out and land on the floor (loudly) in the middle of a quiet restaurant.:rolleyes:;)

Top Bottom