• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    When I first met my wife in 2011 and we started doing small day trips as friends, I was happy. Then in 2012, we started dating and I was even more happy. Then in 2013, she said yes when I asked her to marry me. Then nine months ago today, she made me even more happier then ever before when she said I do. Back at then end of September, we found out we are going to be parents, that was the most sleepless night after she took the home test. I know my life is about to change, but I couldn't be happier. If it is a girl, I have a shotgun and she isn't dating until she is 29 (hey, I didn't date anyone until my wife and I was 29 and it worked well for me).

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Congratulations to you and your lucky bride! You are in for an amazing whirlwind that will bring the highest highs and the lowest lows but will be worth every single moment! Parenthood is by far the toughest most underpaid job that you will ever love!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Congrats! As a father with 3 girls I want to warn you they can and will wrap you around there finger!! Enjoy it. they don;t stay young for ever. My baby girl turns 19 in February. My youngest is my only boy at 13. All are a blessing! Best wishes!!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Thanks everyone, a few weeks ago i started helping my wife with the one year olds at church. Glad I waited until after we found out we were expecting, otherwise three crying boys and a girl who cried when you weren't holding her might have convinced me to not want kids. Okay, I kid and the last time it was three girls and a boy and they were all good. The first time, I was holding the little girl most of the time.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Congratulations to you and your lucky bride! You are in for an amazing whirlwind that will bring the highest highs and the lowest lows but will be worth every single moment! Parenthood is by far the toughest most underpaid job that you will ever love!

So true congrats to you both.... But the best part is when you get grandkids, thats the sh*t there I love my kids but grandkids are the best ever..... You can spoil them rotten then send they home.... lol

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Congratulations-my advice is to stick together as a married couple. I don't think many people say this but when your child is born make sure to still go on dates and spend time together without him/her. And encourage your wife to go out with her friends while you stay home with baby. She will resist but will thank you later. Its all a balance! I have a toddler and those are just some of the things I've learned the hard way. Good luck my friend!

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    ^^^^^ is very hard to do. My son is almost 14 weeks and we can barely get out of the house. No family to help. We DO make time together after he goes to bed. Not very long before we are ready to crash ourselves, but we make the effort to communicate.

we also work to ensure the other gets personal time. And right now she is grading papers while he sleeps in my lap. -- just crashed out . Big learning curve. Do not overbook yourself or you will go nuts.

As arrival gets closer, feel free to shout if you need to vent/talk.

Btw, congratulations!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Got to hold a friends one day old boy today, it got me even more excited for June of next year. We will try to have alone time. One nice thing is my wife and my work schedule. She works overnights as an RN at one of the hospitals and I work evenings. We should only have two or three nights we need a sitter. A good friend I know will sit, plus we have our parents and other friends. Luckily my wife has a lot of pto hours so with any luck, she can take two to three months off with pay. I plan on two weeks since I get fours weeks vacation.

Top Bottom