• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Sooo...do you hang with mrortega??:n00b:...just curious? If so, I'd like to keep a bead on where y'all are hangin' so I can go the other way...no offense.;)
    You know I guess I will take offense to your post. You've been a member for 4 whole weeks made 6 posts including this one and you want to insult me with it.

You can't tell the difference from a person who protects themselves from becoming a victim and someone who goes looking for it and gets in other peoples business.

I guess what I should have done was allowed the guy to rob me and hurt me then I could have written my post from a Peruvian hospital bed. But If I had done that I think you would have been a criticizer of me for taking no action.

Have you been to South America, to Peru or to Ecuador, have you been to Mexico City or Panama. I am not taking about the 4 Star all inclusive resorts but down in the areas where my family and I are generally the only North Americans for miles. If you had you might have realized that there are ways of handling things down here which is vastly different from the US. But since you obviously haven't let me say walk in my shoes before you judge a situation or make an accusation without all the facts.

I am not usually this aggressive with others in my posts but I hope you never get in a situation where a real self defense issue arises. Because I kinda think you would freeze up, making yourself and anybody around you a sitting duck. There is a whole lot more to self defense than paper targets and K-Mart pistols.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Lighten up. No offense meant to you by my post. It was meant as did mrortega bring the badness onto you - it seems to follow him (or he goes looking for it depending on how you view it).

Greeper can speak for himself.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Lighten up. No offense meant to you by my post. It was meant as did mrortega bring the badness onto you - it seems to follow him (or he goes looking for it depending on how you view it).

Greeper can speak for himself.
    Ok, my bad I am sorry. Please accept my apology. I had never heard of him until you asked and then I went and looked at his posts and it seemed like he looked for ways to get in the middle of things which I am strongly against

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I'll take 'death', over 'death by bunga bunga', any day ;)

By the way, Bonehead, what group are you working with?

A friend of mine came home for Christmas, after just graduating from missionary school in Argentina. He's working with YWAM. Flying back south tomorrow!
    First it's Bondhead. I will take the mistake as an honest one. Second are you asking about the Team I am on, the Mission Board I am with, the language school I am at, the ministry I am currently working with, where I went to Bible College or who my sending Church is?

I am on a Team of 9 families with total of 34 people our name is Team Peru or in Spanish Equipo de Perú. www.fbmiteamperu.org, our Team Facebook Page is FBMI Peru - Baptist Church, Mission - Hammond | Facebook we have great contest every Friday where you can win free stuff.

My Mission Board is F.B.M.I. Fundamental Baptist Missions International.

I am currently in language school in Peru and currently work with the same group until we fly back Jan 31 for furlough which is also an orphanage and a school for the deaf we are also learning Peruvian sign language Iglesia Bautista Efata Efata Ministries.

My home (sending) Church is First Baptist Church of Hammond First Baptist Church of Hammond.

Our personal website is http://szabatinperuadventures.wordpress.com/anada

I went to Bible College in Canada

Peru is just our launching country we are planning on being all over South America

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Absolutely that was a misread on my part, no offense meant. :dunno:

I will certainly check out the links you posted. Not familiar with any of them yet, but I will be ;).

I certainly wish you and your family Good health & safety as you are doing Gods work! I do mission work a couple times a year, but on a MUCH smaller scale. Just here in the states helping the less fortunate.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Absolutely that was a misread on my part, no offense meant. :dunno:

I will certainly check out the links you posted. Not familiar with any of them yet, but I will be ;).

I certainly wish you and your family Good health & safety as you are doing Gods work! I do mission work a couple times a year, but on a MUCH smaller scale. Just here in the states helping the less fortunate.
    I appreciate it. I am a prayer hog and will take all the prayer given to the Lord on my behalf.

There is no small scale in missions work.

Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
    Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
    Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

keep doin what your doin. It is never a small thing.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've done 5 short term trips to Kenya & Tanzania since 2003. I don't go anywhere without a good sized knife on my hip. (Mine is normally closer to the "Crocodile Dundee blade" than a switchblade though. ;) )

But when they see a mzungu (a white guy) they know I have money so more than once I have been a target. I'm 6'2" and about 250 lbs though and that in and of itself is intimidating to them. Then they get a view of the big blade hanging from my hip they think twice. Blades in town are supposed to be illegal--aside from the moran warriors--but I have a necklace that I wear that signifies eldership in the tribe of the area. It was actually given to me by a tribal elder. Fortunately, they still have a certain amount of respect for elders there too.

Kenya has a 60% unemployment rate and the average per capita income is about $360/year among those who do have some kind of job. Many of these people are desperate and my heart breaks for them.

I know exactly what you are saying though. Am I there to preach the Gospel? Yes! Am I there to do good? Yes! Am I there to love them and do my very best to help? Yes! I also want to do all I can to make sure that I'm not stupid about it and get to come back to the USA to my wife and home.

I'm glad this worked out for you Brother. I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Go do a good thing for the Lord! :yesway:

Mat 28:18-20 "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'"

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    You know I guess I will take offense to your post. You've been a member for 4 whole weeks made 6 posts including this one and you want to insult me with it.

You can't tell the difference from a person who protects themselves from becoming a victim and someone who goes looking for it and gets in other peoples business.

I guess what I should have done was allowed the guy to rob me and hurt me then I could have written my post from a Peruvian hospital bed. But If I had done that I think you would have been a criticizer of me for taking no action.

Have you been to South America, to Peru or to Ecuador, have you been to Mexico City or Panama. I am not taking about the 4 Star all inclusive resorts but down in the areas where my family and I are generally the only North Americans for miles. If you had you might have realized that there are ways of handling things down here which is vastly different from the US. But since you obviously haven't let me say walk in my shoes before you judge a situation or make an accusation without all the facts.

I am not usually this aggressive with others in my posts but I hope you never get in a situation where a real self defense issue arises. Because I kinda think you would freeze up, making yourself and anybody around you a sitting duck. There is a whole lot more to self defense than paper targets and K-Mart pistols.

Ummm...yeah, I assumed the ;) would tip you off that my tongue was firmly imbedded in my cheek. No offense meant, but thanks for the 'warm welcome' to the 'new guy'. Even if I HAD intended to be a jerk...who's hurt more, the offender, or the one who chooses to take offense...just a bit of spiritual food for thought.

Yeah, I've never been to SA, but I've been on the wrong end of a knife, and been shot at...all before I needed to shave daily. Hence the desire to avoid dangerous situations...even within a good-natured joke.

Sure, I lurk a lot and ain't much of a 'talker', but in a couple of days he'd posted about 3 situations I'd not like to be in and then I read yours...I just found the thought in my head, not insulting, but humorous (not the situation...I'm thankful you're okay and will pray for your continued safety).

That's all...I'll go back to my regularly scheduled lurking.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Ummm...yeah, I assumed the ;) would tip you off that my tongue was firmly imbedded in my cheek. No offense meant, but thanks for the 'warm welcome' to the 'new guy'. Even if I HAD intended to be a jerk...who's hurt more, the offender, or the one who chooses to take offense...just a bit of spiritual food for thought.

Yeah, I've never been to SA, but I've been on the wrong end of a knife, and been shot at...all before I needed to shave daily. Hence the desire to avoid dangerous situations...even within a good-natured joke.

Sure, I lurk a lot and ain't much of a 'talker', but in a couple of days he'd posted about 3 situations I'd not like to be in and then I read yours...I just found the thought in my head, not insulting, but humorous (not the situation...I'm thankful you're okay and will pray for your continued safety).

That's all...I'll go back to my regularly scheduled lurking.
    Thanx I appreciate the clarification! Sorry if I came down hard. I just don't want to been see as mrortega. I think what he is dong is dangerous and unwise. Please accept my apology.

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Thanx I appreciate the clarification! Sorry if I came down hard. I just don't want to been see as mrortega. I think what he is dong is dangerous and unwise. Please accept my apology.

Accepted before you offered...be careful.

How does one make purple their default font color...nothin' I say is ever serious.

Moving' on now.

Top Bottom