• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I just stopped a robbery! I was just at the ScotiaBank machine in Villa El Salvador, Peru and three guys were watching me. As I left I noticed one of the guys break off from the group and start to follow me. So, I slowed down and he slowed down, I sped up an he sped up. I stopped to pretend to look at something and he stopped on the sidewalk. As I sped up again he sped up. I let him get right behind me. He didn't notice that I had taken something out of my pocket. I stopped dead and spun around to face him pushing the button on my switch blade as I did so.
    The blade sprang out and his eyes opened wide. He decided he didn't want to be there and took off running back to his friends. I get to keep my money and he didn't get hurt. I'd say that was a fair exchange!

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    that was brave or stupid, you could have brought a knife to a gun fight. I'd say you both are lucky.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    that was brave or stupid, you could have brought a knife to a gun fight. I'd say you both are lucky.
    Snatch and grabs are big here in Lima, there is not many robberies done with guns. The high majority is grab and run, followed by using a knife.

Now if it was Ecuador I would not have used a knife because they do use guns and they do shoot first. They also never do a robbery by themselves there. They usually use a minimum of 5 people.

I can't get me concealed carry here until about next September. So until then I am stuck with my switch blade.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Nice work! That had to be freaky knowing that he was following you...

+1 for balls of steel
    +1 for situational awareness
    #winning
    You always need to keep on your toes down here. Especially once you've been to the bank. This is the second robbery I have stopped in two month.
    The first time I was in a combi (that's a minivan meant to carry about 12 people and they will actually get 25 on)
    A lady was sitting by the door and when it opened to let people out a guy reached in and tried to snatch her bag.
    She had a good hold on it so he couldn't pull it free. I jumped out of the van chased him for about 20 yards and grabbed him. I brought him back to the combi and forgot to let him go as the woman kicked and punched him...it was so funny, the guy was so embarrassed that he slunked away when she was done. Then she thanked me about 10 times.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    You always need to keep on your toes down here. Especially once you've been to the bank. This is the second robbery I have stopped in two month.
    The first time I was in a combi (that's a minivan meant to carry about 12 people and they will actually get 25 on)
    A lady was sitting by the door and when it opened to let people out a guy reached in and tried to snatch her bag.
    She had a good hold on it so he couldn't pull it free. I jumped out of the van chased him for about 20 yards and grabbed him. I brought him back to the combi and forgot to let him go as the woman kicked and punched him...it was so funny, the guy was so embarrassed that he slunked away when she was done. Then she thanked me about 10 times.

I remember your thread on that incident I believe!

Great job though. I'm guessing the police aren't too pro-active down there?

But yes, I want to see a pic of the knife!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Cool_Story_Bro_in_Spanish_by_NonoKraken.jpg

Top Bottom