• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I save bacon grease. It’s good to add to cornbread, or for a little more flavor in sausage gravy.
    If I am cooking the bacon I start a hot skillet with a bit of grease from the jar. It gets things going and the bacon is more consistent. When we cook we do the whole pound package because someone will eat it.
    The grease cools and goes back in the jar and into the fridge.
    This thread has me looking at how much different we are than even our parents in how we cook/eat and live.
    Now my grand parents were that much different again. And I really miss those meals especially on the family farm.
    What I don’t miss is the road kill stew….:):

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are getting contentious to the point I will close this thread.
    In the fact we all see this bad moon in our own way is part of why we discuss these things. And discuss we must. But bashing and loosing our civility will not change minds only harden the barriers that are building around us.
    Yes we are in trouble as society slides to the brink. My time fighting all of this grows short so my voice hold little sway. But I will still add my 2 cents when relevant.

Soooooo many good points being made and even in the more extreme posts I see some merit if I look for it. I don’t have to agree. But I will listen.

Ingo is not an echo chamber. It would suck if it were. In a small way I miss some of the more outspoken members.

Let’s get back in point fellas.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, that was slanted...

Draft? Not unless there is a dire national emergency...
    Simply because you get higher motivation from 2 or 3 time volunteers,
    And, you can still reject the unsuitable with volunteers.

The last thing we need in the military is another round of lowering the standards, unmotivated or down right insufficient in intelligence level draftees making a mess of things.
    (Search "Mcnamara's Morons" to put anybody in boots on the ground during Viet Nam or lowering standards during the current 20 years of war where gangs, criminals, etc screwed things up even more)

Should we deport undocumented residents from the US...

Again, loaded question.
    How about should we change immigration laws to keep the US raised, educated that have no criminal records for decades,
    AND, make it easier for alien worker visas so we can hire people legally that can cross the border back home between jobs entitled US citizens won't do...

No options other than far right talking head/paid pundit gibberish that presents no answers to the issues we have.

Should US raised, US educated undocumented with no criminal record be allowed a path to citizenship?
    Absolutely.
    This is the motivated bunch we should be looking for, someone that actually WANTS to take citizenship classes, get that green card, become a full citizen, go to work and better themselves.

On the other hand,
    The lazy, criminal element can't go over the border fast enough for me...
    (And take some of the trailer park bunch/thug wannabes with them)

What two CONSENTING ADULTS do in the bedroom, baring serious damage, is nobody else's business.
    Read that CONSENTING ADULTS again, and think about the "Persuit Of Happiness" the Constitution has...
    If they *Think* it will make them happy, and there isn't a time getting hurt, it's covered in the Constitution.

I could go on, but what's the point?
    It was obviously designed to direct the leaning right to the far right because they aren't 'Extreme Enough',
    To steer a 'Republican In Name Only' into being a full on extreme right by insultingly calling them a 'Democrat' or 'Liberal' (or much worse...)

Its about solutions, not talking points designed to instill maximum outrage or fear in this or that demographic...

No ideas, no time for the same old crap propaganda that has nothing to offer.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bull crap.
    Nothing new in the slightest...
    Wow. Were you trying to respond to me, or just accidentally quoted me? I'll go with the latter because I have never seen so many words as a reply that doesnt actually reply. (not that I needed a reply, I'm just perplexed. )

And the highlighted lines I guess explain what the rest of your post was about? :dunno:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Democrat or Progressive?
    Or is that something the far right doesn't make a distinction on?
    Progress? Towards what exactly? Heathenism?
    So, cover the facts here...
    You can't put crap back into a donkey, so going back to pre-WWII, or immediately after WWII can't be done.

Not that any minority and half the demographic majority would let you take the country back to segregation or any of that other crap...

AND,
    Unless there is a WWIII, the US will never have the economic boom time of WWII/post WWII when the US was rebuilding Europe (at enormous profit).

Clearly, what's passed for leadership over the past 60 years I've been alive isn't working since we find out collective selves in the state we are in...

Since we can't go back in time, and what's currently happening is causing serious divisions,
    Wouldn't at least trying something new be on the table?
    (progression, evolution, moving in a different direction)
    Sorry, you don't get the blame the nation's problem on conservatives when "progressive" policies have created at least as many issues as conservatives.
    I mean seriously,
    We aren't driving 6 MPG vehicles from the 40s-50s,
    We aren't flying those airplanes,
    We have burned up most of the shallow, easy to extract natural resources, so those aren't coming back...

I see crap loads of 'Conservitives' spending infinite verbage, but not one single new idea or direction to move from them...
    Conservatives tend to put their energy into viable solutions, not radical feel good ideas wihch typically either make the problems worse or create an entirely new set of issues.

I'm failing to see much I want to 'Conserve' currently,
    Other than the principals of the Constitution and the idea of the rule of law...

16th century coal powered economies when non- or low polluting alternatives are available in the 21st century,

Medieval medical and religious dogma/punishments trying to be forced back on us,

A peasant class that has no rights, ruling class that has no restrictions, not subject to laws,
    And it's the conservatives who have created this? Give me a ****ing break. Conservatives are concerned with maintaining a fair system where people can succeed or fail at their will. No one owes anyone, anything
    Rumor, superstition, conspiracy propaganda passing for facts & science...

All wealth, capital & power concentrated at the top 1% while the people doing the actual work are nearly homeless...

Top 2%-3% taxed little or nothing while the people that can least afford it taxed the most...
    Nearly homeless my ass. Our poorest citizens live better than 80% of the rest of the world. Cry me a river.
    And while we are discussing 'Rights',
    Why does the government and religious groups pour billions into other countries while basic, life sustaining medical care subject to 'Capitolism' rules in this country?
    Shouldn't basic, live sustaining medical care be included in 'Human Rights' (or 'God Given Rights') in the richest country on the planet?
    No. Healthcare is an individual responsibility, beyond that you do not have a right to anyone else's labor or services and you do not have a right to anyone else's money to pay for it. I'm no fan of giving money to other nations while we have issues at home but if the choice is between giving it to other countries where people don't have at opportunity to succeed like everyone does here then I'm in favor of giving away elsewhere.

Unless you admit the wealth is concentrating at the top, and they don't pay taxes, and the premise of 'Christian Charity' doesn't exist without strings attached, which makes it NOT charity...

I'm not saying I have all the answers,
    But I'm old enough to know what has t worked since the 60s still isn't working today!
    Same thing over & over, expecting different results...
    Wealth is accumulating at the top and it always will. It isn't because the wealthy were handed everything, it's because they work for it. Some work hard, some work smart but no one gets rich sitting on their asses bitching about how unfair life is.

Same things over & over, expecting different results. You're absolutely correct. All of the welfare state ******** programs have created a country populated largely by lazy asses who won't work to support themselves but instead believe someone owes them something.

****ing earn it or shut the **** up. No one has ever paid my bills and I damned sure wasn't born into wealth. Excuses, excuses and more excuses for why it's too hard here. Give me a ****ing break, if you've been where you claim to have been what you should have learned is that you get out of this life what you put in and the happiest people on this planet are the ones who enjoy the freedom to make their own future.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Same things over & over, expecting different results. You're absolutely correct. All of the welfare state ******** programs have created a country populated largely by lazy asses who won't work to support themselves but instead believe someone owes them something.
    0*lJzCBCOX4k_aNXo6.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We complain about electing the same people and getting nowhere yet we elected an outsider and half the country lost their collective minds. How’d we fix that? By putting another career politician into the office. Genius

American oil companies aren’t gouging Americans. Your president shut down their ability to produce and ship oil, remember? Pretty sure his right hand hadn’t made it back down to his side from the swearing in when he tossed that first grenade into the economy. We were enjoying reasonable fuel costs until that point. Thank God Joe Biden came in a fixed our energy independence. Now he’s on TV begging OPEC and Russia to “be nice” and pump more oil for us. How very progressive.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We complain about electing the same people and getting nowhere yet we elected an outsider and half the country lost their collective minds. How’d we fix that? By putting another career politician into the office. Genius

American oil companies aren’t gouging Americans. Your president shut down their ability to produce and ship oil, remember? Pretty sure his right hand hadn’t made it back down to his side from the swearing in when he tossed that first grenade into the economy. We were enjoying reasonable fuel costs until that point. Thank God Joe Biden came in a fixed our energy independence. Now he’s on TV begging OPEC and Russia to “be nice” and pump more oil for us. How very progressive.
    I assume his handlers made more money on imported oil than domestic.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    "How about a 6 mile to the gallon, no power anything, drum brake, breaker point ignition, no AC 1960 vehicle now?" Jh

Mecum Auctions. Maybe you've heard of them?

I can't decide if I should be afraid of crazy people or the people that actually believe
    the crazy people.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I recall watching this interview before but it didn't have all the overlays of current 'news'. There's an obvious reset happening. I'm not sure if it'll play out like the Great Reset that has been discussed. But average people are going Galt. There's clearly a global shift happening. I just wish I knew which way we're shifting.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I recall watching this interview before but it didn't have all the overlays of current 'news'. There's an obvious reset happening. I'm not sure if it'll play out like the Great Reset that has been discussed. But average people are going Galt. There's clearly a global shift happening. I just wish I knew which way we're shifting.

The first time I saw it was the early 2000's and I remember thinking it was maybe a bit of hyperbole, but here we are.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

They want oil to be more expensive because they want you to use less of it and that is one way to do it. That those conditions hit the poor, that they claim to be helping, the hardest is just collateral damage on the road to utopia

Top Bottom