I need some advice from some INGO travelers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Who has been to Vietnam (as a civilian as opposed to for Uncle Sam) recently or even not so recently. I'm going to be in the Philippines in about a month and I want to take a side trip to Vietnam. The only complication is that they require a entry visa for Americans and being as there isn't a Vietnamese embassy anywhere I can visit I'm trying to figure out a good way to get one. Any suggestions from you world travelers out there?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Who has been to Vietnam (as a civilian as opposed to for Uncle Sam) recently or even not so recently. I'm going to be in the Philippines in about a month and I want to take a side trip to Vietnam. The only complication is that they require a entry visa for Americans and being as there isn't a Vietnamese embassy anywhere I can visit I'm trying to figure out a good way to get one. Any suggestions from you world travelers out there?

You could e-mail the Vietnamese embassy in DC, that would be a good start.They may even have all the steps online if they have a website.
    Maybe they have a consulate near you, look for that too.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Thats a good suggestion and I dont know how I missed that one on my google search. Its a no-go for me just because of the amount of time I have before I leave. I guess I should have started this process a little sooner. There is another option called visa on arrival but it looks a little shady. You have to send a copy of your passport to a business in Vietnam and they set up a pre-approval letter that gets you in the country and then you pick up the visa at the airport. I was hoping somebody had tried this before and could vouch for it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thats a good suggestion and I dont know how I missed that one on my google search. Its a no-go for me just because of the amount of time I have before I leave. I guess I should have started this process a little sooner. There is another option called visa on arrival but it looks a little shady. You have to send a copy of your passport to a business in Vietnam and they set up a pre-approval letter that gets you in the country and then you pick up the visa at the airport. I was hoping somebody had tried this before and could vouch for it.

My Google-Fu is better than yours. ;)
    I cant help you sorry.I always travel without visa in all the countries I go so I never had to deal with those things.

You may want to call the embassy and ask them what are your options.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I think its the Vietnamese getting back at Americans for that little misunderstanding we had with them a while back by making us pay to get in. If it comes down to it I'm sure there are some tour companys in the Philippines that I could talk face to face with that can help me out. I do appreciate your input.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why not drop by the Embassy in Manila and see if they can set you up with one on the spot? Stranger things have happened. The worst case scenario is that you'd have to hang out in the PI for a bit longer. Oh, the suffering.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think its the Vietnamese getting back at Americans for that little misunderstanding we had with them a while back by making us pay to get in. If it comes down to it I'm sure there are some tour companys in the Philippines that I could talk face to face with that can help me out. I do appreciate your input.

Yeah I dont travel with a US passport so I dont have those kinds of problem.
    Im sure the embassy can help you without you having to deal with tour companys.They always have more options to get things that are not listed on their webstite in general.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    It would be horrible to be trapped in the PI for a little while longer. I only have a couple hour layover in Manilla before I move on th Cebu, I guess I can move my flight if I have to but I am so ready to get to Mactan island and get this vacation started. Either way it should be a good time I just hate to miss Vietnam when I'm so close to it.

Top Bottom