• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm thinking about taking the wife to see Korn ( her fav ) and Slipknot ( my fav) on 11/23 . I need to know what hotels are good, close and not in the " hood ". Thanks in advance for any help.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We always stay at Hall's Guesthouse. Nice place, good restaurant. M'lady's from up there and knows her way around. They have the only pool she'll trust, and she's kinda the authoritative expert on that stuff.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Coliseum Blvd, where the Coliseum is (I'm assuming that is where the concert is) has several good hotels. I would avoid E. Coliseum, down by the truck stop and the strip clubs, for those reasons, because they are rather dive-ish. Knights Inn and Red Roof Inn are in that area, and I don't recommend them. Also avoid The Guesthouse, NOT Hall's Guesthouse- two different places and very big differences! Hotels on W. Washington Center Rd are good.

Hope this helps!

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The Hilton right across from the coliseum would be your best bet. If not there then I would wonder up to Dupont road, it's a nicer part of town and classier hotels. I think it's only a 10 minute drive or so to the coliseum.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    What year is your fox Mustang? Mine was an 86 5/5. I had many fine adventures with that car. I sure do miss it. /threadjack

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A little farther from the Hilton and closer to the freeway is the Hotel Fort Wayne - that's one of those on Washington Center. There's little crime to worry about in that neighborhood.

Now, where's dinner? :D

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Coliseum Blvd, where the Coliseum is (I'm assuming that is where the concert is) has several good hotels. I would avoid E. Coliseum...

Other than the Holiday Inn directly across from the Coliseum venue I can't recall any hotels on Coliseum other than the truck stop hotels. You do not want to stay at these. (Hwy30 and I-69 exit 309)

Hotels on W. Washington Center Rd are good.

A good handful of hotels here (Hwy 3&27 and I-69 exit 311). Convenient location for getting to and from the Coliseum venue. I grew up within walking distance of these and its not hoodish at all. Typical interstate exit hotel selection.

Downtown
    The Hilton and Courtyard in downtown Fort Wayne are not in the hood either. This is business downtown and safe, I work late nights downtown sometimes and there are simply no shady people around this part of downtown. Some good dinner locations and a few bars near these hotels within walking distance. If staying at one of these send me a PM and I can get you a list of dining places.

West Side
    Too far from Coliseum. (US 24 and I-69 exit 302)

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That's the Hilton I found in my search. Seems nice and a short cab ride to and from the venue.

Its a Holiday Inn and it is directly across the street from the Coliseum. Just leave the car in the hotel parking lot and walk across the street. My advise, reserve a room early as the hotel fills up on concert nights.

Top Bottom