• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My wife and I are planning a 3 day canoe trip on the Au Sable river near Grayling MI next month. Paddle about 15 miles per day and set up camp along the river. Probably do a total of around 50 miles. Absolutely beautiful area if you’re into nature.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I gotta say with some minimal research Savannah is trending high on the list. Easy flight, walkable historic area, plenty to see.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Saugatuck Michigan. Its 3.5 hours from Indy and its perfect for what your looking for. Oval beach is there also and it's like being in Florida. The small town has that Murder she wrote feel. Like the town Marshall would be a guy in jeans and a vest driving a faded out 77 Blazer.
    The small town is full of great food, art and just relaxing. Think Nashville Indiana but 4x the size

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Saugatuck Michigan. Its 3.5 hours from Indy and its perfect for what your looking for. Oval beach is there also and it's like being in Florida. The small town has that Murder she wrote feel. Like the town Marshall would be a guy in jeans and a vest driving a faded out 77 Blazer.
    The small town is full of great food, art and just relaxing. Think Nashville Indiana but 4x the size

Beautiful area up there. We love that whole Holland/Grand Haven area. Nice to visit in the summer, winter, no thanks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you just want peace and quiet some short sightseeing and maybe a little dock fishing, check this place out. They have B&Bs up there, as well as a hotel. Not much in the way of tourist trap stuff. Its primarily a getaway for Canadians to day trip. There is a winery on the island, and a couple bars/restaurants And a couple beaches. Some sightseeing like the original winery ruins, the lighthouse, and Fish point.

My family rents a house on the beach up there every year and its SOOOOOO peaceful.

You take your car on a ferry from Leamington or Kingsville, ON after crossing over Ambassador bridge in Detroit. You can also take a ferry from Sandusky, but there is only one trip a day so your travel is really limited.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    An oddball place that we really enjoy is the Illinois wildlife park just west of Peoria. Cabins of all types there. Actually pretty quiet. Lots of animals you can just watch. Open like you would expect. Close to a couple of different areas you can go out to eat.

Top Bottom