• ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Hokey smokes ... what are you talking about? The good days are just beginning ... if you care to venture out and take advantage of them.

If all you want to do is live in the past, then, yeah, sure they're gone because nothing can compare to a memory ... especially the memory of a child. EVERYTHING is wonderful as a child ... spending time with their Grandpa.

Time to stop living in the past. Get out there and take life by the balls! Live for today and make those same memories with your grandchildren as your grandfather made with you.

Or not ... your choice.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hokey smokes ... what are you talking about? The good days are just beginning ... if you care to venture out and take advantage of them.

If all you want to do is live in the past, then, yeah, sure they're gone because nothing can compare to a memory ... especially the memory of a child. EVERYTHING is wonderful as a child ... spending time with their Grandpa.

Time to stop living in the past. Get out there and take life by the balls! Live for today and make those same memories with your grandchildren as your grandfather made with you.

Or not ... your choice.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I take my Krag out and shoot it with my kids. I load cast for it with Unique loads, so it's fun for them and easy on the gun. The .45-70 is a bit much for the littler ones, even with Trailboss, but the oldest enjoys it. Today I spent some time behind an Eddystone 1917.

To agree with TJ above...life's what you make of it. The classics are still out there to be enjoyed, appreciated, and passed on. It's probably even more important to do so now than it was back then.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I have a feeling that in 20 or 30 years, many people will refer to the times we are living in now as "The good old days". I know what you mean though. I have fond memories of gun stores, surplus stores and gun shows from 30 years ago.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    The America that I grew up in...I miss going to the 2nd floor at Emroe's Sporting Goods store downtown on Indianapolis with my Grandfather. The "Old Dutchman" worked up there. He and my Grandfather were great old friends...they spoke of 30-40Krags and 45-70's...Darn are all the good days gone?
    I remember him well. I was a youngster; but, I had already been bitten by the bug. I'd go back and ask him questions relentlessly. I'll never forget the time I was asking him about getting an extra magazine for my Dad's Walther PPK. He asked me how old I was. I told him that I was 12. He looked at me and said in that heavy Dutch accent: "You are 12 years old und shou carry und shoot zee gun?"

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    VHhF1RB.gif

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    The America that I grew up in...I miss going to the 2nd floor at Emroe's Sporting Goods store downtown on Indianapolis with my Grandfather. The "Old Dutchman" worked up there. He and my Grandfather were great old friends...they spoke of 30-40Krags and 45-70's...Darn are all the good days gone?
    "Are we rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell?"

Top Bottom