• ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The devil is in the details

Recently came to appreciate deviled eggs though.

Remember you don't need a dozen eggs to devil them.

I fix four(4) deviled eggs for the wifey and me for breakfast sometimes. Start with a squirt of mayonnaise and then you can get creative using some alternatives add ins:
    • Soy Sauce
    • Spicy Brown Mustard
    • A-1 Sauce
    • Wasabi
    • Fresh Chopped Ginger
    • Cilantro
    • Basil
    • BACON Bits
    • whatever else I might find on the counter or in the fridge

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Just a little TMI but if I eat hard boiled eggs, a short time later you would NOT want to even be in the same county that I am.

DutchOven.gif

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I used to love boiled eggs, but they never liked me, and neither did anyone around after I had eaten a few!

The mill street Tap coming out of US Steel, Gary works had wooden bowls of hard boiled eggs in the morning for the men getting off midnight shift. Stop in after work at 0800 for a couple of beers and a couple of hard boiled eggs. By the time you got the rest of the way home, even your dog was not happy to see you.

To the Hoosierdoc, I eat about 1 1/2 dozen hard boiled eghs a week, two or three at a time depending on if they are a side item or the main item.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I bake my eggs in a muffin tin in the oven to get hard cooked eggs.. I also am a big fan of deviled eggs.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    At work, not much food around, too busy to actually hit the cafeteria.They have little cups of three hardboiled eggs and I downed two of the three in the cup. Never really been a fan of plain hardboiled eggs, or any style for that matter. Recently came to appreciate deviled eggs though.

It seems like a hardboiled egg is a very healthy snack when you consider it. All the protein, no fat from oil or butter in cooking, no carbs from the bread you'd normally eat with an egg. What says INGO, hardboiled eggs FTW?

Our cafeteria (which is closed this week) usually has smaill cups each with 2 hard boiled eggs in it. Also sell cottage chees in the same size cup. One of each is an ok breakfast or lunch many days.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here's something to try with deviled eggs: fry them upside down.

Prepare as normal, maybe a bit runny, them put a small amount of oil in a hot skillet and lay the eggs in the pan with the filling down. Remove when crispy and slightly browned.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    6 Hard Boiled eggs still warm ... spoon of mayo ... Salt ... MASH with a fork and serve over Peanut Butter Toast ...

or 2 Dozen HB eggs .. mayo / Salt / MASH ... put in fridge for Egg Salad sandwich

Post about Pickle Relish sounds like something to try

HB Eggs and Beer will clear out the Wife and the Dog from computer room

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Pickled deviled eggs are so gross. I've made that mistake a couple times. I'm still not sure why I even tried them the 2nd time.

I like hard-boiled eggs on toast with a bit of salt. :)

Just like this:

EggToast_InPost.png

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    los huevos a la diabla

Here's something to try with deviled eggs: fry them upside down.

Prepare as normal, maybe a bit runny, them put a small amount of oil in a hot skillet and lay the eggs in the pan with the filling down. Remove when crispy and slightly browned.

Gave frying them a try this morning. A nice variety to do from time to time but creates an extra pan for the wife to wash.

Diablo style this morning. Added chopped jalapeño and cilantro. Used tequila instead of vinegar. As I was rooting through the fridge I moved the blue cheese dressing aside and made a mental note to try it instead of mayo some time.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My church has a group of folks that gets together on Saturday morning, boils up about 100 dozen eggs and then takes them to the 8 homeless camps in Indy and passes them out. Very popular folks with the permanent campers. They also hand out packs of peanut butter crackers.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    When I was a kid growing up in the south, the only time we got a good supply of deviled eggs was when someone died. No one dies without a funeral banquet in the south...a big pitch in full of all kinds of home cooked delicacies.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Make hard-boiled eggs regularly. A bit of salt and/or hot sauce, and GTG! 4 - 6 make a good meal.

Deviled eggs? Make them some regularly, especially for group parties. Typically about 6 dozen eggs (that's 1 gross of deviled eggs).

Been there, done that, got the blue ribbon. :laugh:

Top Bottom