• ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They're called clues

Clues are just that. Clues. It isn't definitive. Maybe there were here illegally. Just because they were hungry for work and didn't have their own car doesn't mean they were illegal. And as far as the location being 30 minutes away, I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Clues like that ARE a good indicator, but they don't always give you a definite answer.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    OP did nothing wrong and should be proud that he got a good deal on his roof and provided work for some deserving people. No one is obligated to overpay for labor out of some tribal guilt complex. I have no problem with immigrants who want to work, regardless of their "status". It's not their fault we don't have a reasonable immigration and/or foreign worker program.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a guy come knock on my door yesterday and ask if I wanted my yard mowed for $5. I don't have acres upon acres but I would think it would cost more than $5 :dunno:

And how does anyone know for a fact that the Mexicans who did this work were illegal anyway? We're all just assuming this is a fact. Maybe they are here illegally. Maybe they aren't. I have an aunt who's from Mexico. She's been here for decades and is, in fact, a citizen of this country. Would you all assume she's here illegally because she still prefers to speak Spanish? I have some neighbors from Mexico. Super nice people. He is now a citizen and his wife is working on it. Should people that come visit me assume my neighbors are illegal because they often play crazy music that sounds like a carnival mixed with polka and they have a rooster in their backyard (which I do hate, by the way)?

Yeah, we hate the darn music but it is better than rap...............:rolleyes:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am happy to say that all the work that I have had done to my house has been done by Americans, and the cash I have paid with has stayed in the USA.

I have NO problem with anyone using Mexicans, legal or illegal. Just don't cry that they didn't do a good job, and you need another roof in 5 years.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    They're called clues...

Clue # 1- I'll have to say it was intimidating to have the car mobbed with everyone hungry for work

Clue # 2- I was hoping they had transportation but they didn't. So I told them to get in (to my Impala SS), which they did.

Clue # 3 - I noticed they had no water and no food but were content with going with anyone to earn some money.

Clue # 4 - I drove them to my house over 30 minutes away. .

Agreed. Nobody that intent on doing an honest day's work for an honest day's pay could possibly be American.

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Oh well I don't agree with you there dude. Starve em. I don't care. If it were up to me there corpses would be laying in the desert on the way in. And I still would believe I did the right thing for my country. This is a war plain and simple. We are losing. My child's future is more important to me than a fart in the wind.

If you can't raise your child to be more successful in life than barely literate 3rd world immigrants, in the nation of her birth, then all the bodies in the desert wouldn't hide your failure as a father, and as a human being. Your little "corpses everywhere" fantasy tells me that she probably doesn't have much more of a chance than a fart in a whirlwind anyway, at least not in a civilized society. Here's hoping that she grows up healthy and meets a nice young man from Juarez and falls in love.

:)

DungeonCrawl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Republicans want to keep wages low and unions busted for their big business buddies. Democrats want to legalize millions of new 'minority' voters and anything that keeps the working class in need of the welfare state.

Not enough people care, and the race to the bottom continues.[/QUOTE]

I agree the continued race to the bottom for a lower cost. Lots of people are damning the situation of hiring willing workers, and I would easily bet that those same people shop at Walmart for 'the best prices around'. You all get what you pay for. If you appreciate your citizens pay them for a job well done.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree the continued race to the bottom for a lower cost. Lots of people are damning the situation of hiring willing workers, and I would easily bet that those same people shop at Walmart for 'the best prices around'. You all get what you pay for. If you appreciate your citizens pay them for a job well done.

I'd appreciate them more if they were willing to work just as hard as the immigrants. And let's be honest, immigrants.... LEGAL immigrants, that end up Americans, work harder, are smarter, and understand the American dream than the majority of out "natural born" betheren.

DungeonCrawl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd appreciate them more if they were willing to work just as hard as the immigrants. And let's be honest, immigrants.... LEGAL immigrants, that end up Americans, work harder, are smarter, and understand the American dream than the majority of out "natural born" betheren.

To be honest I agree with you. The unfortunate challenge is getting the "job well done" by any persons. The one good part of hiring an immigrant is that 90% percent of the time they will spend their earned money within the county you live in. Hopefully to a local business. It always amazes me that so many people are more worried about some free market option for cheaper prices than they are about supporting their immediate community/local economy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you can't raise your child to be more successful in life than barely literate 3rd world immigrants, in the nation of her birth, then all the bodies in the desert wouldn't hide your failure as a father, and as a human being. Your little "corpses everywhere" fantasy tells me that she probably doesn't have much more of a chance than a fart in a whirlwind anyway, at least not in a civilized society. Here's hoping that she grows up healthy and meets a nice young man from Juarez and falls in love.

:)

She will do just fine and your last wet dream statement will never happen as long as I'm alive.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    She will do just fine and your last wet dream statement will never happen as long as I'm alive.

I really do hope she does well, as I hope all children do. But the harsh reality is that you don't get to make their choices for them once they are up and out. To say that something "will never happen as long as you're alive" is simply setting yourself up for a possible disappointment. At 5, yes you get to make choices for your kids. At 25, well...good luck.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    To be honest I agree with you. The unfortunate challenge is getting the "job well done" by any persons. The one good part of hiring an immigrant is that 90% percent of the time they will spend their earned money within the county you live in. Hopefully to a local business. It always amazes me that so many people are more worried about some free market option for cheaper prices than they are about supporting their immediate community/local economy.

Nobody spends money outside of the USA like all those rich white guys on Capitol Hill, so i don't see what all the fuss is about?

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I need some where can they be found? I had tree trimmers come by and I asked if they would do some other work and they declined. They had no teeth! Too good I suppose.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I really do hope she does well, as I hope all children do. But the harsh reality is that you don't get to make their choices for them once they are up and out. To say that something "will never happen as long as you're alive" is simply setting yourself up for a possible disappointment. At 5, yes you get to make choices for your kids. At 25, well...good luck.

No your right but I am raising her right and if she goes off and marries an illegal criminal then I failed and she is on her own.

Top Bottom