• ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    A bunch of Bull
    For years I would dis Taurus, but I’ve had a change of heart, I got the GX4, and loved it, then got the G3C, and I like it too, then I found an orphan Taurus 85, and re homed it….
    Sorry to copy your idea Big Moose….
    We have a Taurus collection at our residence as well. I have the G2C (heavily modified), 3 x Taurus TX22 even got one for my mom after she shot my wife's. I have the Taurus 1911 with a Clark's Custom match barrel. The Taurus 692 3inch model is also present.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ok range report… I absolutely love the G2C!!! It shoots good, but one slightly nagging thing… the trigger has an audible click, and you can feel it before the trigger breaks… not a deal breaker. The GX4 was snappy, and it had trigger slap, that was a little painful, but manageable, accuracy was good, but the G2C was great!!!! for me anyway. Picture is 12 yards from a rest, off hand opened up but still good for me, thinking of trading my Alien gear shell for the G2C shell….

Attachments

• IMG_4733.jpeg
      IMG_4733.jpeg
      550.1 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok range report… I absolutely love the G2C!!! It shoots good, but one slightly nagging thing… the trigger has an audible click, and you can feel it before the trigger breaks… not a deal breaker. The GX4 was snappy, and it had trigger slap, that was a little painful, but manageable, accuracy was good, but the G2C was great!!!! for me anyway. Picture is 12 yards from a rest, off hand opened up but still good for me, thinking of trading my Alien gear shell for the G2C shell….
    Look at Keep Tinkering.
    Great replacement triggers.
    I have the restrike trigger and it is fantastic

arty8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2020
    Indianapolis
    A bunch of Bull
    For years I would dis Taurus, but I’ve had a change of heart, I got the GX4, and loved it, then got the G3C, and I like it too, then I found an orphan Taurus 85, and re homed it….
    Sorry to copy your idea Big Moose….
    Taurus has really upped their game in the past 5 years, my buddy bought a Taurus 695 in 357/9mm and then a TX22, I'm pretty impressed with the fit, finish and quality.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You do not have a problem....yet. Let me know when you have a PT140, with the metal follower. I will warn you though. Around every 8k rounds you will need to tear it down and clean the build up around the firing pin. Otherwise is starts getting miss fires from too light a firing pin strike.

Come to think of it, I did not see you mention any Taurus in the PT line at all. :naughty:

...you have a problem that needs solved now. Your welcome :)

Side note. I mostly carry a G3C these days.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    You do not have a problem....yet. Let me know when you have a PT140, with the metal follower. I will warn you though. Around every 8k rounds you will need to tear it down and clean the build up around the firing pin. Otherwise is starts getting miss fires from too light a firing pin strike.

Come to think of it, I did not see you mention any Taurus in the PT line at all. :naughty:

...you have a problem that needs solved now. Your welcome :)

Side note. I mostly carry a G3C these days.
    I won't own a .40, just don't care for the round, when 9 will do the job..and better. I do plan on having a PT-99/92 some day.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I won't own a .40, just don't care for the round, when 9 will do the job..and better. I do plan on having a PT-99/92 some day.
    I enjoy 45, but mostly carry 9mm. My ex was the one who fell in love with the PT140, she still carries it to this day. She is a 40cal addict and loves the round, me not so much.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    View attachment 337013 well I went and got the .40 version of the G3c (on the left). Has just a tad bit more recoil than the 9. It was the one I originally wanted. Now I have both and very happy with both. And still don't think a I have a Taurus problem. Lol
    Taurus makes some good firearms.
    They also make not so good as we seen in the 856 thread.
    G2c, G3 series, and TX22 are all solid, and that is not only found in research on the internet, but i owe or owned all those and put many rounds through them.
    I've seen here on the forums, and internet research that the GX4 is good also.

Top Bottom